Help me understand lights and results

If your climate is hot I would go LED if you live down south your plants are going to love the heat from HPS during those cold mornings in the Annex. You'll probably get an extra 10 percent yield alone just from having the best possible temps in the grow tent.

I have grown one plant in a 0.8 X 0.8 X 1.6 tent with one of these light and I harvested a clean 440 grams of bud. I haven't tried the HPS so can't comment on the yield to expect from the 400 watt.

Your at 350 for the HPS setup and for a couple of hundred more you can have one of these delivered.

But like I said if I were you I would choose depending on your climate alone. post-66460-159799982956_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

If your climate is hot I would go LED if you live down south your plants are going to love the heat from HPS during those cold mornings in the Annex. You'll probably get an extra 10 percent yield alone just from having the best possible temps in the grow tent.

I have grown one plant in a 0.8 X 0.8 X 1.6 tent with one of these light and I harvested a clean 440 grams of bud. I haven't tried the HPS so can't comment on the yield to expect from the 400 watt.

Your at 350 for the HPS setup and for a couple of hundred more you can have one of these delivered.

But like I said if I were you I would choose depending on your climate alone. attachicon.gifScreenshot_2020-08-21-16-34-47-06_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpeg

I want a web led set up, but need a place that does afterpay to get one; also I’ve heard quality and yields aren’t as good with LEDs

I live in Brisbane, but it’s pretty cold this winter up here need oil heater at night for tent to stay between 20-30 Celsius

+ 1 Frank. Go quality. +1 Gazza For your tent size, stick with the 400w.

Do you have ducting to fit your cooltube? You'll need that, at least x2, a length for each end. Next question where are you going to vent it too? Do you need fittings to vent the cooltube?

Merl1n

Didn’t realise I needed a way to vent it, right so cool tube I’ll need to cut my ducting in half, link my filter to one end, the tube to the other for the first half;

Then I need to link the 2nd half of ducting from the back of the cool tube to the intake fan;

Feel free to laugh mate but; I actually completely missed the fact that I needed a fresh air intake.

Lucky my plants are only 8 days old, I just pulled out my carbon filter and switched my fan to pull air from outside.

Now I have fresh air going in and I need to buy a 2nd intake fan when I buy all the shit for the 400w hPs and cooltube; I have heaps of ducting for it so all I need to do is put the filter and fan in when I do the new light

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

"Feel free to laugh mate ...."

Like hell, I ain't gonna be laughin at ya. We won't get into the stupid, dumb, DOH things I've done on this grow journey, cos then you'd be laughin at me. lol

That's the good thing bout bein here. We've already made all those dumb mistakes, so you can learn from us then you don't have to make the same dumb mistakes (You can make your own dumb mistakes lol )

If ANYBODY tells ya they had it all setup, all correct right from the start, it's BULLSHIT. We setup, then we make tweaks and more tweaks as we improve. 

But if you have questions, then you ask. No question is dumb if you don't know the answer. Just going onward blindly when you have a resource, us, to ask...   ...That's dumb.

Merl1n

P.S. "I have heaps of ducting..." The ducting for your grow tent intake/exhaust fans is usually around 300mm. The ducting for your cooltube are usually around 150-200mm. So you'll either need to use a converter or buy the correct size.

Edited by merl1n

Cheers for the heads up, I’ll grab a converter too while I’m at it, probably cheaper then new ducting.

And thanks for the input, I’m glad that these forums are so open minded. Speaking of, I was told a lot of users jumped to a new forum so I might start branching out, because you guys have helped a lot

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Just to be clear mate, you don't need an intake fan. In smaller spaces you can get away with passive intake. With a big enough fan extracting it will actively pull in fresh air. I would keep the fan extracting air, and add an intake if you need. exhausting stale, dead hot air is kery

Cheers for the heads up, so passive intake, I just set up the cooltube with the fan and it’ll pull air through the filter;

Do I leave a vent open for passive intake then?

I repurposed my intake fan last night to pull air from outside, but you’re saying that I can keep using it with the filter, and it will still pull air into the tent because it’s extracting the hot air out?

Have I got that right?