Not getting 'high' from edibles.

Ok so this is a tricky one let me explain.

Over the past years i've had many edibles and just recently quite a lot extra as a few mates have started making cakes and muffins and stuff.

Now I've been there while they are making it and they do everything correctly, Decarb, magic butter machine settings correctly and it's good smoke too, few different strains.

The cakes and muffins are cooked low and slow ~120c as not to burn off too much thc, everyone else who eats them says they are good and get smashed but I just don't feel anything.

Also in the past I've ordered things of Facebook groups, it's the real deal cause some of it stinks of weed.

Now a possible explanation, I know that in the world of medicine certain gut enzymes like CYP450 reacts with a lot of drugs and causes problems. (https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/clinical-pharmacology/pharmacokinetics/drug-metabolism)

I know I have a fucked up gut with IBS and other problems so maybe my body cant or isn't processing the edible THC correctly?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Edited by The Stoned Jester
  • Upvote 1

Yeah maybe cause I smoke like a chimney I'm probably always as high as I could be, from what I've read a edible stoned is supposed to be different/better cause it's now it changes into something like thc-delta11 or something that's more powerful than regular thc?

And lots of other stories about people getting munted on edibles, but seriously the most I've gotten is a bit of the giggles and that was after 2 different cupcakes + slice of cake.

I just get a little more sedated than normal sometimes

No laughing or hallucinations

Iso gets me much better

Smoking with a good mull , the occasional spot ,

In coffee in morning I notice the pain relief about 1hr later

If i put in too much it's a couch day

Or even under the tongue gives nice effect

Actually a little oil with just about anything is a much better option than cup cakes etc IMO

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The most common presentation of cannabis (green outs or overdose) in legal us states emergency rooms is from some form of edible!

Try stay off the smoke a while, then when your hungry eat a mango and a good edible and you'll be fine✌

Edited by oldfark

Now a possible explanation, I know that in the world of medicine certain gut enzymes like CYP450 reacts with a lot of drugs and causes problems. 

I know I have a fucked up gut with IBS and other problems so maybe my body cant or isn't processing the edible THC correctly?

Anyone got any thoughts?

It's not the CYP450 pathway... that is protein activated and if it was, you'd feel really sick rather than get no effect. I think it is more likely to be related to your tolerance level Jester. And I also expect that if you just kept on eating cookies until the batch was gone, you'd eventually feels some effects. 

• Upvote 1

Ok so this is a tricky one let me explain.

Over the past years i've had many edibles and just recently quite a lot extra as a few mates have started making cakes and muffins and stuff.

Now I've been there while they are making it and they do everything correctly, Decarb, magic butter machine settings correctly and it's good smoke too, few different strains.

The cakes and muffins are cooked low and slow ~120c as not to burn off too much thc, everyone else who eats them says they are good and get smashed but I just don't feel anything.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I remember eating Naycha's edibles with you at  MardiGrass, neither of us got "high". Yet  others got toasted off Nay's goodies (Lollie's?)

You have extra high tolerance. (full stop)

... And I also expect that if you just kept on eating cookies until the batch was gone, you'd eventually feels some effects. 

One of the few times I got ripped off edibles was when I triple dosed, at about 750mg

So yeah, make a batch of something and eat more than most people would and you'd be doing good.