New grow

I know that it seems like a reasonable cost saving option to go to Bunnings for nutes but unless you have years experience and know how to properly ratio your plants needs by alchemy you are just going to cause major headaches with your grow.

Cannabis has specific needs and no single product solution from Bunnings is going to cut it. Go to your hydro shop and pick up a decent vege nute for under 30 bucks, you will have a lot less headaches.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You do realise cannabis is just another plant like all the rest.

All plants need N to grow and cannabis is no different. It’s actually one of the easiest plants to grow.

I know you have done a lot of reading but sweeping statements like this one are wrong.

Frank is exactly right none of us will ever be feeding our plants perfectly. That said if you have your medium sorted the plant will take what it needs.

Too much in plant burns too little ya plant starves.

All plants are the same.

I grew for 17 years before I ever stepped foot in a hydro shop.

Don’t believe all the bullshit the hydro shop dick heads are telling you buzzer that just want you buy their stuff.

You do realise cannabis is just another plant like all the rest.

All plants need N to grow and cannabis is no different. It’s actually one of the easiest plants to grow.

I know you have done a lot of reading but sweeping statements like this one are wrong.

Frank is exactly right none of us will ever be feeding our plants perfectly. That said if you have your medium sorted the plant will take what it needs.

Too much in plant burns too little ya plant starves.

All plants are the same.

I grew for 17 years before I ever stepped foot in a hydro shop.

Don’t believe all the bullshit the hydro shop dick heads are telling you buzzer that just want you buy their stuff.

Cheers for the response, what are you using atm, nutrient wise?

How often are you watering? Looks like they have very wet feet as well as Potassium deficiency

attachicon.gifimages (5).jpeg

I’m only watering every 2-3 days, and not that much at all.

I know that it seems like a reasonable cost saving option to go to Bunnings for nutes but unless you have years experience and know how to properly ratio your plants needs by alchemy you are just going to cause major headaches with your grow.

Cannabis has specific needs and no single product solution from Bunnings is going to cut it. Go to your hydro shop and pick up a decent vege nute for under 30 bucks, you will have a lot less headaches.

Are hydro shops still open during the pandemic?

Mates of mine use CANNA, But there’s sooo many different nutes they expect you to buy.

Did your premium potting mix have fertilizer already mixed in? Watering 2-3 days with a 45% soil mix at that age (plants 4-5 weeks old?), is too much imo.

Like the other guys pointed out your plants don't need every additive under the sun to make buds.

I was wrong about Bunnings nutrition being unsuitable for cannabis. But if you are growing hydroponically it might be easier to feed your plant correctly using hydro specific nutrition.

Your growing medium will determine the best way to feed your plant. You said you have a soil/Coco mix. I would be going back to whoever suggested this particular mix and asking them how they fed it.

The hydro shop that I use is still open. If you are on a budget skip all those additives. There really is no proof they do much at all. I think that the Flairform 1 part mix is a very good budget option for a hydro nute. If you want a cheap root stimulant a lot of people say good things about Go go juice which you can find at Bunnings for about 12 bucks a litre

I use Charlie carp from bunnos for veg and I love it. It’s easy to use just follow the label. 10ml per litre. $40 for 4lt.

I also use this with seasol for s soil stimulant at half strength.

I use canna 13/14 for flower which I do get at the local hydro shop from the muppets that run the place. They coco obsessed my local hydro shop.

This being said half your mix is coco which doesn’t hold nutes like soil so as your plants become bigger they be more hungry than if they were in all soil.

• Upvote 1