New LED Lucius Bars

Yer what I can see, it is a Auzzie company, also think they are partnered with philips also. Which is pretty good, they make the best globes on the market. So if lucius are partnered with them, should assume they are top the line led.

I have heard really good things on the 630 CMH.

800$ a bar is up there, mate say you need 3 bars to replace a 600 w light so like $2400 but he said you dont ever need to buy globes again and they are 150w less then a 600, which is why i like them.

But I was reading about all the led diodes, I know there is a big debate about white led and burple led. But as far as I read, White led are just a blue led with a phosphorus coating. So arent oyu reducing the light out put by going white led ?? I am new to led, still got a lot of reading.

http://www.photonstartechnology.com/learn/how_leds_produce_white_light

The white led is light through the entire spectrum. Covering a blue or red diode isint going to make it white. Well shit maybe i should look into that but i did a lot of research before i bought my lights and have never read that anywhere.

Led diodes will not last for ever despite what old mate salesmam says.

Mine have a claimed life span of 50k hours.

Which if i rember right was about 9 to 11 years.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The white led is light through the entire spectrum. Covering a blue or red diode isint going to make it white. Well shit maybe i should look into that but i did a lot of research before i bought my lights and have never read that anywhere.

Led diodes will not last for ever despite what old mate salesmam says.

Mine have a claimed life span of 50k hours.

Which if i rember right was about 9 to 11 years.

Well 9 - 11 year is fucking long time hehhe 

that is alot of saving on power and globes

If you do decide to go LED there is in my opinion better options for much cheaper than the lucius ones you are looking at.

$800 for a 150w light just seems ridiculous to me.

Well any good LED is not cheap. Cheap  = Cheap

Look at number one LED in the world https://fluence.science/, you wouldn't get one of there light for less then  3500$ in Australia.

Well any good LED is not cheap. Cheap = Cheap

Look at number one LED in the world https://fluence.science/, you wouldn't get one of there light for less then 3500$ in Australia.

Yeah they do look good so do the others you were thinking about. None of them look like they have interchangeable parts so if something goes wrong the whole light is scrap.

Look if you got the coin by all means buy the lights you want.

I do agree in most things you get better quality if you pay more but there is always stuff that is just a plain ripoff.

I used to use HPS, but it's always balls hot here and was adding 6-7c to the amb temp. Using LEDs it's +1.6c above amb temp.

I got some boards from R2T on ali, they have been good, the whole kit was $250 aud delivered for 240W. 2x Boards, Heatsink, Hangers, Wagos, Dimmer, Meanwell HLG-240H-B driver (serial number says it's legit when looked up).

For my 3x3 i'd go 320W next time just for more coverage or strips and dimm it down to what evers needed

It was a DIY kit, but everything was ready to go out of the box using wagos

These are some spare boards I ordered at the same time incase I had problems, havent needed them yet, they were $30 usd ish if i remember correctly.

QB294 - LM301B 80cri half 3000k, half 4000k, 6x cree 660nm, 16x cree 730nm far reds

735243.jpeg

637d5f.jpeg

5e0fcf.jpeg

4244b8.jpeg

QB288+8 - LM301B 80cri 3500k, 8x LH351H 660nm

865f68.jpeg

2c184c.jpeg

a48321.jpeg

Edited by thedrunk