NoTill 1st Grow - Weird Leaf Damage

Hey Guys, first grow in many years. Have chosen the full organic method for all the obvious reasons  :thumbsup:

Built the soil using a NoTill Compost Mix (available online) & the remaining components from Bunnings .Followed instructions to the letter.

7 weeks in, I'm getting discolouration / damage of the sun leaves, see photos.

post-65847-0-02264400-1570530037_thumb.jpgpost-65847-0-12812800-1570530065_thumb.jpgpost-65847-0-10927200-1570530138_thumb.jpgpost-65847-0-33856400-1570530167_thumb.jpg

hi Quokk

not sure what the problem is mate from the pics.

might need a bit more info, if that's okay ...

are there any eggs or bugs on the leaves - you might need a 30x microscope to really have a look, but a 10x might do the trick?

not sure what is in the 'NoTill Compost Mix' ... do they label the components and the ratios?

what components did you get from bunnings ... peat, scoria?

was the peat hydrated before mixing?

just wondering if you are doing any preventative pest management ... like neem sprays?

what type of water are you using?

sorry i can't be more helpful mate, but the above might help to work out the problem and maybe a solution.

edit ... found the 'NoTill Compost Mix'

Edited by pug1010

Hey Pug, thanks for the reply. The company who supplied the compost mix are super helpful and are sending some Sulfur & Humic Acid to sort out the PH problem.

I got Perlite, Coir & Sphagnum Moss from Bunnings (Brunnings brand). With the Peat, I just added it - no hydration.

I'm not using any pest management & thanks for the suggestion of following that line of thought. 

Water is tap water through a chlorine filter into the res.

• Upvote 1

no worries mate and sorry i couldn't help more, but good to hear that the company is helping you out. :)

not sure about coco peat and hydration - that was more if you used peat moss - so might not be relevant. in any case ... the blumat mishap, might not have been all bad mate ... as it might have helped out things by providing a good soak. :) did the sphagnum moss look like the coco peat (brown stuff, cut up pretty fine and lots of it) or was it a weird stringy stuff sold in small quantities - about 2L? the naming on moss, peat moss, sphagnum peat moss and sphagnum moss is all very confusing. if it was the stringy stuff ... it is slightly different stuff and i think usually used with orchids. i made this mistake on my first living organic soil mix. no biggie though, as still managed to get some nice buds and just recycled the soil after the grow ... so nothing was wasted or lost. :)

hope things get sorted for you mate and you can kick back and enjoy the grow.

• Upvote 1

Hey Pug, just looking at what I bought, it was the Brunnings Peat Moss 5L, no sphagnum. I'll be grabbing some Neem Oil on the way home from work tonight just to cover all bases. 

Looking forward to a time when I can relax & enjoy :)

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys, first grow in many years. Have chosen the full organic method for all the obvious reasons :thumbsup:

Built the soil using a NoTill Compost Mix (available online) & the remaining components from Bunnings .Followed instructions to the letter.

7 weeks in, I'm getting discolouration / damage of the sun leaves, see photos.

IMG_4284.JPG IMG_4285.JPG IMG_4286.jpg IMG_4287.jpg

Care to share the instructions that you followed?

I can see blumats? Not yet used them but can’t see them overwatering if set up correctly..

• Upvote 1