1st Auto Grow In Coco, So many questions :)

Hey coops. Just wondering how you derived the formula? Is that for coco or perlite grows?

+1 for measuring runoff in DTW. EC and PH inside the pot can be very different to the nutrient solution and comparing what's going in to what is going out is the easiest way to estimate the pH and EC of the rootzone.

The formula I was shown, to roughly estimate the pot parameters - Add the difference to the runoff

eg. pH in =6.5 & pH out = 6.8. The difference is point 0.3. The estimated pH inside the pot is 6.8 + 0.3 = 7.1

eg. EC in =1.2 & EC out = 1.5. The difference is 0.3. The estimated EC inside the pot is 1.5 + 0.3 = 1.8

Numbers :) love em.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

+1 for measuring runoff in DTW. EC and PH inside the pot can be very different to the nutrient solution and comparing what's going in to what is going out is the easiest way to estimate the pH and EC of the rootzone.

The formula I was shown, to roughly estimate the pot parameters - Add the difference to the runoff

eg. pH in =6.5 & pH out = 6.8. The difference is point 0.3. The estimated pH inside the pot is 6.8 + 0.3 = 7.1

eg. EC in =1.2 & EC out = 1.5. The difference is 0.3. The estimated EC inside the pot is 1.5 + 0.3 = 1.8

Numbers :) love em.

Yo cooper yeah numbers, they work. Thank you.

And to address an earlier comment, as far as it not being being 'inert', coco itself has nothing to do with changing the pH in the root zone. Cheap nutrient that's another story, expect pH swings/drops if the chelates used aren't up to it or if you don't watch the amount of pH down used.

http://flairform.com/hints/run_to_waste/

I had my grows dialled in, no waste, little nutrient used, straight leaf and the pic posted produced 12oz from a 400w, because I paid attention to what was running out

Depends on what strain you're growing. Can't compare numbers unless you're growing the same strain.

Well here you go mr expert...16 oz from 400 w ,,strain was same strain---Shiva Shanti...without checking runnoff.

Didn't have EC metres back then either.

And as you know I don't check runoff nowadays either,,,,different strains too,,

Did check runoff once when they got sick ,,,and that's the only time you need to,,,I had a compromised medium.

Go on disputing shit you know nothing about and confusing new growers to do dumbfuck complicated no reason stuff if that's what you think is clever....but it ain't.

Wow SE, are you OK? You seem a little angry.

Dont some strains produce less under the same conditions? So, same room, same conditions, same light (in this example 400w we were saying) 2 different strains would produce different results. Would they not?

Was bufo growing the same strain?

I never claimed to be an expert and never will no matter how little or how much I grow in the future.