Question about growing with extension leads and powerboard

Unless you do it properly, run conduit down to a few power points,it could become very dangerous

Sorry I didn't understand you were running it outdoors

Different cable is used for underground as well

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks micmac. I definitely want it to be as safe as possible, if I need conduit to do it then I'll bite the bullet.

I just had a look at some conduit stuff at bunnings and I will give that a shot, along with cutting the cable to fit it in there.

Do you have any recommendations for the different cable that is used for underground?

Hey mate another suggestion if your not confident with cutting leads is to get your pvc pipe glue it all together and use an angle grinder to slice it down the middle - then peel it open enough to slip the cable in - won’t be waterproof but it shouldn’t need to be and at least it will be safer than exposed

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Sorry I missed your comment, that's a great idea! And if I silicone the join up like what sooty said I might be into a winner there.

Easy as man, dig a shallow trench, measure the length, then go buy appropriate length of conduit, measure first so ur not wasting money on extra lengths by guessing! Cut the female end off extension lead and feed that down your first and second conduit, glue the conduit together, then keep feeding and gluing. Then reattach the head as per diagram. Cheap, easy, safe and hides the extension away nicely.

25mm conduit, 3m lengths( if u can transport it. Also make sure u dig ur little trench low enough that once u backfill it and forget she’s there that u don’t dig in with a shovel later down the track or lawnmower catch’s the top of it or whatever it maybe. Then it will be lights out for the girls in the garage

Should go 25cms ,don't want to run lawn mover over it, or your kids or pets digging it up

Always good to put some sort of warning over top of conduit in case someone else digs it up and severed conduit, orange conduit is heavy duty and meant for underground use

Be careful bad joints cause heat in the connection and can lead to fire as well especially under heavy loads

All good ideas. I did something similar lately but not for growing purposes. Normal grey conduit underground is fine. If you've got angles get the 25mm conduit, 2.5mm cable from bunnos. The cable from memory is $1.40 per metre. Digging deep doesn't cost you so as deep as practical. Feed cable through first and then glue all the joints as its impossible to feed it through right angles once it's glued. Heavy duty extension cord is very thick so I'd try to avoid putting it through conduit. YouTube has heaps of vids on all this.

Should go 25cms ,don't want to run lawn mover over it, or your kids or pets digging it up

Always good to put some sort of warning over top of conduit in case someone else digs it up and severed conduit, orange conduit is heavy duty and meant for underground use

Be careful bad joints cause heat in the connection and can lead to fire as well especially under heavy loads