In The Devil's Garden

Hi all. I thought it was time to start a thread to journal our progress now that we are getting up and growing again and have decided what we want to do with the girls we were gifted.

They're all starting to bounce back after some neglect and transplantation into soil. All except one that is. We assume it was root rot as it was one of the plants originally in coco. Five of the seven were in coco. The two we got that were in soil didn't even bat an eye when they got put in the big pot they're all in now.
The coco girls really did not like the change, but 80% survived. lol
The one that died wasn't doing the best when she got transplanted anyway. I didn't hope much hopes for her.
The biggest of the coco girls still looks a little sad, they need more nitorgen, especially her.

As it stands, we have six healthy mums. The coco girls all tried to flower but have returned to vegging now. The two soil girls spat out some preflowers but that was it.
We're in the process of getting an indoor area setup for clones. We just need to find that last little bit of motivation. I think it's hiding behind the couch. :skysearch:
The two soil girls are the two I'm mostly interested in, but they're all getting cloned.

We've also gotten a few dozen seedlings going too. They're not all going to get grown out, we're looking for particular phenos to keep as mums. SO has done just a little bit of breeding over the years. I might be biased, but it's the best cannabis I've ever had. I've had some pretty awesome named strains over the years, but nothing has ever come close to SO's.

In my intro post I said the girls would be getting potted up into a mix of "well composted horse manure (~70%), well composted cow manure (~15%), and well composted unused coco (cheap compressed brick stuff) and carp (~15%). The coco carp mix has well rotted down over the past couple of years.
That will then be mixed at a rate of 9 parts compost to 1 part local red and black clays."
They have been being watered with bore water and fed with a soluble Thrive mixture. That's it. They will be getting a feed of nitrosol shortly.

We don't baby plants around here. If they can't survive us and the environment, then they are too weak! :sly:

So, some pictures then, yes? :photo:

As you can see, they're all in one big pot.
post-65421-0-24235300-1566027324_thumb.jpg

Here we have one of the soil girls (top) and a coco girl (bottom). It kind of looks like one plant, but have a closer look at the leaves.

post-65421-0-61911600-1566027368_thumb.jpg

This is the big coco girl. She's recovering, slowly.

post-65421-0-43045400-1566027412_thumb.jpg

Two pots of the couple of dozen we have with seedlings. They're getting culled and survivors repotted within the next week.
post-65421-0-30083200-1566027452_thumb.jpg

And that is the current state of the devil's garden.

• Upvote 2

We finally got around to taking some clones.
This lot are in a bubble cloner. We didn't like the foam plugs it came with so switched it out for some rockwool flock.
These ones were taken from the two original soil girls. Four of one, five of the other.

post-65421-0-06081400-1566708455_thumb.jpg

We have a small stock of these pots with lids. They're from an AutoPot setup. We're also going to be doing some clone direct to the soil.
post-65421-0-50780600-1566708464_thumb.jpg

That's it for the update for now. B)

• Upvote 1

I've not been able to do much since the last update because of a chronic pain flare. It's been miserable but I'm finally coming out the other side and can start to get a little bit mobile again.

We germed some more seeds and SO planted them in soil. I can't remember when, but they're going well.
In this lot of seed, we've had a trifoliate pop up. :wub:  It's not the genetics SO is looking for, but I might have to keep it anyway. lol
post-65421-0-60138600-1567827106_thumb.jpg

post-65421-0-35223700-1567827126_thumb.jpg

post-65421-0-45558800-1567827085_thumb.jpg

This is the first lot of clones we took, I forgot to share a pic of them in the cloner. No matter.
They've just been planted in soil today. They're going under a 600w HPS digital setup for a while to veg up. We've had to switch to the HPS as the MH won't fire. We need a new globe.
The cloner they were in was actually set up outside under a CFL and shadecloth. CFL for the night time, shadecloth to keep the sun off them during the day.
post-65421-0-83864400-1567827076_thumb.jpg

The clones inside in the bubble cloner under a couple of fluro tubes are still looking happy and healthy. Can't see roots yet, but they are wrapped in rockwool. I'm assuming they're starting to develop root sites in there.
I need to find something to enclose their little setup. The cats keep trying to eat them! :ack:
If it's not the fowl outside, it's the felines inside! >_<

post-65421-0-59415700-1567827918_thumb.jpg

That's about it. The bulk of what's been happening.

Oh, SO started culling the first lot of seedlings (little plants now) and has potted some up. They're all outside now too. I'll do another update about them later. :gardening:

Edited by DevilMayCare
  • Upvote 1

Thankfully we're not growing out everything. Many of the clones are going out as gifts. Seedlings get culled pretty hard because we're only looking for certain genetics.
I've just picked out two new batches of seed to germ. 100 in each batch. Even with a 100% germ rate, 90-95% don't make the final cut and end up getting culled.