• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

In The Devil's Garden

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None

Hi all. I thought it was time to start a thread to journal our progress now that we are getting up and growing again and have decided what we want to do with the girls we were gifted.

They're all starting to bounce back after some neglect and transplantation into soil. All except one that is. We assume it was root rot as it was one of the plants originally in coco. Five of the seven were in coco. The two we got that were in soil didn't even bat an eye when they got put in the big pot they're all in now.
The coco girls really did not like the change, but 80% survived. lol
The one that died wasn't doing the best when she got transplanted anyway. I didn't hope much hopes for her.
The biggest of the coco girls still looks a little sad, they need more nitorgen, especially her.

As it stands, we have six healthy mums. The coco girls all tried to flower but have returned to vegging now. The two soil girls spat out some preflowers but that was it.
We're in the process of getting an indoor area setup for clones. We just need to find that last little bit of motivation. I think it's hiding behind the couch. :skysearch:
The two soil girls are the two I'm mostly interested in, but they're all getting cloned.

We've also gotten a few dozen seedlings going too. They're not all going to get grown out, we're looking for particular phenos to keep as mums. SO has done just a little bit of breeding over the years. I might be biased, but it's the best cannabis I've ever had. I've had some pretty awesome named strains over the years, but nothing has ever come close to SO's.

In my intro post I said the girls would be getting potted up into a mix of "well composted horse manure (~70%), well composted cow manure (~15%), and well composted unused coco (cheap compressed brick stuff) and carp (~15%). The coco carp mix has well rotted down over the past couple of years.
That will then be mixed at a rate of 9 parts compost to 1 part local red and black clays."
They have been being watered with bore water and fed with a soluble Thrive mixture. That's it. They will be getting a feed of nitrosol shortly.

We don't baby plants around here. If they can't survive us and the environment, then they are too weak! :sly:

So, some pictures then, yes? :photo:

As you can see, they're all in one big pot.
Attached File  01.jpg   418.24K   44 downloads

Here we have one of the soil girls (top) and a coco girl (bottom). It kind of looks like one plant, but have a closer look at the leaves.

Attached File  02.jpg   309.89K   40 downloads

This is the big coco girl. She's recovering, slowly.

Attached File  03.jpg   350.7K   39 downloads

Two pots of the couple of dozen we have with seedlings. They're getting culled and survivors repotted within the next week.
Attached File  04.jpg   182.02K   38 downloads

And that is the current state of the devil's garden.

The only thing I know for sure is that nobody knows for sure...
So by default I know nothing.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

We finally got around to taking some clones.
This lot are in a bubble cloner. We didn't like the foam plugs it came with so switched it out for some rockwool flock.
These ones were taken from the two original soil girls. Four of one, five of the other.

Attached File  bubbler.jpg   107.91K   35 downloads

We have a small stock of these pots with lids. They're from an AutoPot setup. We're also going to be doing some clone direct to the soil.
Attached File  pots.jpg   114.21K   34 downloads

That's it for the update for now. B)

SOOTY

SOOTY

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4443 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
Good stuff

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

I've not been able to do much since the last update because of a chronic pain flare. It's been miserable but I'm finally coming out the other side and can start to get a little bit mobile again.

We germed some more seeds and SO planted them in soil. I can't remember when, but they're going well.
In this lot of seed, we've had a trifoliate pop up. :wub:  It's not the genetics SO is looking for, but I might have to keep it anyway. lol
Attached File  seedlings1.jpg   176.71K   19 downloads

Attached File  seedlings2.jpg   350.44K   20 downloads

Attached File  seedling.jpg   120.09K   19 downloads

This is the first lot of clones we took, I forgot to share a pic of them in the cloner. No matter.
They've just been planted in soil today. They're going under a 600w HPS digital setup for a while to veg up. We've had to switch to the HPS as the MH won't fire. We need a new globe.
The cloner they were in was actually set up outside under a CFL and shadecloth. CFL for the night time, shadecloth to keep the sun off them during the day.
Attached File  clones.jpg   238.89K   18 downloads

The clones inside in the bubble cloner under a couple of fluro tubes are still looking happy and healthy. Can't see roots yet, but they are wrapped in rockwool. I'm assuming they're starting to develop root sites in there.
I need to find something to enclose their little setup. The cats keep trying to eat them! :ack:
If it's not the fowl outside, it's the felines inside! >_<

Attached File  bubbleclones.jpg   104.54K   18 downloads

That's about it. The bulk of what's been happening.

Oh, SO started culling the first lot of seedlings (little plants now) and has potted some up. They're all outside now too. I'll do another update about them later. :gardening:

Edited by DevilMayCare, 07 September 2019 - 07:30 PM.

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3418 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
Nice. That lot will keep ya busy in a few months time.

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Thankfully we're not growing out everything. Many of the clones are going out as gifts. Seedlings get culled pretty hard because we're only looking for certain genetics.
I've just picked out two new batches of seed to germ. 100 in each batch. Even with a 100% germ rate, 90-95% don't make the final cut and end up getting culled.

Yz420

Yz420

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
^i like the sound of that

Generally how long does it take for roots to strike in your cloner?

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Two to three weeks, give or take.

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5606 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Yeah at least

DevilMayCare

DevilMayCare

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

10 to 21 days is our usual. These clones all struck in 14 days.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.