• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

I'm talking "Grape Drink", baby!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:
Hey fellas,
Been pretty regularly on and off the popular forums since 2011 but thought it was time for a new profile to record some of my new projects! So hello and welcome

The first one I plan to tick off, is my mission to recreate one of the best strains and mother I used to have, which was a creation by me and my mates fittingly named 'Juicy Lucy'.

Now my biggest problem is, the Male that created this cross for us originally was created from bag seed found in Victoria and I have no idea what it was or even where to start with tracking him down.
It's my hopes that someone might remember the smoke I'm talking about and potentially point me in the right direction.

Now, this would have been mid to late 90's and for a while this stuff was all over Victoria. Wasnt the craziest stuff but the flavours were insane and you would very often find hints of purple through the zips! The smell was unmistakably Grape Cordial or almost purple 'Hubba Bubba' to smell.
My best mate actually made a Hubba Bubba strain back in the day from her and a Pre98 Male he selected.

The high was extremely relaxing with an indica leaning feel but very giggly still. The nugs were never super manicured and almost definitely bush grown.

Please, has anyone come across this in there travels or potentially have an old school friend with some similar seeds that might still hold that Grapey goodness?

All help is appreciated and I will keep in touch with progress towards Juicy Lucy 2.0

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by monsenior, 08 August 2019 - 08:27 AM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14582 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Don't remember the 90s

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:

Don't remember the 90s

Haha! Love your work Pedro.

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:

I've never come across the "hubba bubba" strain. I'd like to though.

Leave it with me, mate. Me and that friend have forward planned space in the indoor and ourdoor over the next 6 months to pheno hunt and recreate her.

Taking a pretty methodical approach to the mix this time but thought I'd see if anyone had heard of a similar smoke to try and track down the original before we start.

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7134 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

Sounds awesome! You've more patience than me, Ive never tried to make a strain.

I reckon a bit of pheno hunting is worth while, even if you only plant 20 beans and keep 2 in the long run. Theres always a couple of performers that really stand out. Them's the ones that I keep going. I'd imagine that if heaps of beans were planted, like 1000, the chances of findind something particularly spectacular would increase dramatically. I'd like a cut from that girl :)

Also I've come across a new strain,lol , salmonberry kush seeds, has anyone smoked it yet, had purple and red tones though it, no hubba bubba tho. The bubblegum strain peneos may produce a bubba bubba .. ?

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6625 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
This strain ?

Attached File  IMG_3658.PNG   462.4K   16 downloads

Easier to buy it wouldn't it ?

Indycar

Indycar

OSA Misfit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4975 Posts:
  • Interests:Got some
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Heads:None

Once your done with this one. Chase the old Bloomfield/Cedar Bay sativa the hippies grew in the 70's, very popular sativa by all accounts. ;)

The war against Cannabis is a war against Earth's existence.

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:

Once your done with this one. Chase the old Bloomfield/Cedar Bay sativa the hippies grew in the 70's, very popular sativa by all accounts. ;)

Don't do this to me, adding a new strain for me to hunt! Anywhere for me to start?

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:

Sounds awesome! You've more patience than me, Ive never tried to make a strain.

I reckon a bit of pheno hunting is worth while, even if you only plant 20 beans and keep 2 in the long run. Theres always a couple of performers that really stand out. Them's the ones that I keep going. I'd imagine that if heaps of beans were planted, like 1000, the chances of findind something particularly spectacular would increase dramatically. I'd like a cut from that girl :)

Agree with you there mate; we aren't running 1000 but it will be more than I care go admit by the end of the project.

Imagine this, a bunch of real committed guys on here getting together and run a bunch of the same strain, compare notes throughout and collectively pick the best of the bunch or what we are each looking for.

Could go from project to project pretty efficiently as a collective and the value of the scale in pheno hunting and testing in different environments would be insane I reckon.

I dunno, maybe too many scoobs tonight

monsenior

monsenior

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 Posts:

Also I've come across a new strain,lol , salmonberry kush seeds, has anyone smoked it yet, had purple and red tones though it, no hubba bubba tho. The bubblegum strain peneos may produce a bubba bubba .. ?

Haven't mate but I'm loving your thinking.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.