A few questions

I've read through most of the recipes, etc. so I get the general idea, but I have a few specific questions.

1. There is no way I can currently afford the amounts you guys suggest cooking with. Can I still cook with say, half an ounce or even less?(I'm talking buds by the way) Would it even be worth it?

2. Is there a way I can skip making the canabutter and just cook the weed in say, vegetable oil or something? Or does the canabutter produce the best results?

3. I'm not sure if dealers in Canada sell just the leaf, is cooking with buds a total and expensive waste?

I've read through most of the recipes, etc. so I get the general idea, but I have a few specific questions.

1. There is no way I can currently afford the amounts you guys suggest cooking with. Can I still cook with say, half an ounce or even less?(I'm talking buds by the way) Would it even be worth it?

Yeah, it could certainly be, but generally mj cooking is done with lesser materials. This is because it's cheaper, easier and less of a worry if it tastes like crap. ;) But yeah, you can definitely use bud for cooking, just be prepared to be blown away when you eat. :peace:

2. Is there a way I can skip making the canabutter and just cook the weed in say, vegetable oil or something? Or does the canabutter produce the best results?

The THC is fat soluble, so theoretically you could use other oils. I'm fairly sure it'd work, but you'd be best off doing a bit more research on that one. Butter is generally considered the best, as it can be incorporated into many different recipies, and it's yummy.

But yeah, you could probably make a canna-oil if you substituted vege-oil. Don't quote me on it though, as I've not done that myself.

3. I'm not sure if dealers in Canada sell just the leaf, is cooking with buds a total and expensive waste?

It'd likely be a grower/seller who you'd get leaf off, it sometimes pops up for cheap amounts, after harvest there is lots left over. With the advent of honey oil though it's becoming rarer, as even shade leaf can be converted into high quality honey oil. :shy:

You can certainly do cooking with buds, it wouldn't be a waste in my opinion, but others may disagree with that. You should be very careful with using any canna-butter that is made with very potent material, (buds or lots of trichomey trim) and take only small amounts to start off with. Once you start getting wasted on ingested THC, its a ride that's hard to stop. The effects are a lot longer acting and a lot different to normal consumption by smoking, so it may pay to be conservative. That said, you can always just make sure you've got a straight friend around at the time, and just mung out and get totalled. :shy:

Hope that helps, and welcome to Oz Stoners. :P

When you eat it, it takes at least half an hour but usually 45 mins to hit you but it can take sometimes over an hour. So the first time you eat it should be an experiment, have a little and wait. Find something to occupy you while you wait as it seems to take forever and if you can take you mind off it, it's a nice surprise.

One of my mates made some strong cookies and we decided to have one each about an hour before seeing The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, we were just about to go out the door and walk down to the theatre and it still hadn't hit us so he broke out another each for good measure. :peace: As the opening scenes played out i felt a bit heavy and by the time Sauron was sweeping rows of men away with his mace i was jumping and cringing with each stroke of the mace and i was only on the way up.

Lotsa fun but it's like being burried up to your neck in sand at the beach.

Edited by Pickle

When you eat it, it takes at least half an hour but usually 45 mins to hit you but it can take sometimes over an hour. So the first time you eat it should be an experiment, have a little and wait. Find something to occupy you while you wait as it seems to take forever and if you can take you mind off it, it's a nice surprise.

One of my mates made some strong cookies and we decided to have one each about an hour before seeing The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, we were just about to go out the door and walk down to the theatre and it still hadn't hit us so he broke out another each for good measure. :peace: As the opening scenes played out i felt a bit heavy and by the time Sauron was sweeping rows of men away with his mace i was jumping and cringing with each stroke of the mace and i was only on the way up. 

Lotsa fun but it's like being burried up to your neck in sand at the beach.

Ahahaha, that's a great story. So although you are glued to your chair, do you still get the giggles? In other words, can I enjoy my Spongebob Squarepants when I eat? Or will my mind just be blank.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm gonna try asking a dealer if he sells just the leaf leftovers, and if not, I'm gonna try it with bud methinks.