General advice

Last night was brutal. Woke up to ice on the car. The tent must have cooled a bit overnight too as one plant has leaves starting to curl down, but others are looking ok.

I'm thinking of putting the glass back in the reflector and seeing if that helps a bit. Local shop suggested taking it off.

Do the hps put out more heat?

I have a heater on a controlled thermo in the room so might move where the thermo is sitting.

I am running the light from 4pm to 10am.

Thanks Indycar.

Week 2 of veg, so should be good to run it on a timer then. I need to keep some heat in,as I think that is why growth is a bit slow.

Just got to get through this cold period. After this grow, the shed is most likely coming down and a bigger one going up in its place. Will insulate an area in the corner for the tent in the new shed I think for better control.

Learning plenty as I go.

Learned to run the nutes at the lower end of the recommendations. I'm using Reizeger and sales guy said to run at top end. Plants didnt like that and used more nutes. Backed off to 0.3 and they look happier.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on still is ph. Reizeger suggest 5.2 to 5.7. I seen somewhere on here, ideal is 5.8-6.1. I have been lowering to 5.2 and letting it get to 5.7-5.8 before lowering again. (Normally daily)

Should I be letting the ph go further before adjusting or is it brand of nutrient based?

Sounds like a plan, and yeah what you might find with nutes, less is more if you care to experiment for yourself.

Juicing plants with high concentrations of nutes will never make a shit strain good. The trick is to start out with good genetics, and just give them what they need to keep them humming along. ;)

Edited by Indycar

Getting better growth from the plants now that I am getting a bit more heat in there.

Might throw the extraction fan on a separate timer to come on for 15 mins every half an hour.

What sort of timing schedule do people run drip irrigation systems on? My plants are in 52L pots with clay balls, on a timer 15 mins on 15 mins off while the lights are on, and pump is off while lights are off.

Does this sound like too much?

These are seeds from a successful outdoor grow. Had 4 in, 2 in clay and 2 in dwc buckets. Have had to chop one from dwc bucket as it grew balls. Have only managed to sex one other so far.

After this grow, I might have to look up a 1000w digital ballast to replace the growlush 600w magnetic.

Are the reflectors interchangeable or will I need a new reflector as well?

Here is a pic of the current plants in there. Small one on the left is a little behind the others for some reason. Will see how it goes, but if it doesn't improve soon, I may replace it with a clone of Jack Herer.

A few of the leaves on the larger one on the right have curled in. Does this normally mean it got too hot/cold?post-65552-156591709551_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app