Good point

That's very true

But if need be I'll feck the carbon filter off too.

Don't really need it, my own house, n no neighbours, n smell doesn't bother me as much as the noise from that bloody fan, if you wake up at night you can't get to sleep for the cnut.

Partner winges about it too.

If you have a safe that may be inspected you should be concerned about the smell... there was a guy here in WA who came undone from a suspicious smell during a safe inspection.

I have this one.

https://blaubergventilatoren.de/en/product/turbo-150

Goog old German engineering :)

Turbo 150 here too, I have the g model with the sensor and controller.

Really like it except I wish you could adjust the rpm of the cut in speed once you are over 2c. Cuts in at 100%. It's a minor gripe.

Expensive, but very quiet. With a filter. Rubber mounts you can run a really short pipe.

Some cheaper ball bearings don't like low speed and can be louder.

Good to see the Blauberg's topping the list. You pay a bit for them, but the quality seems to there.

I've been eyeing them off for a while. Definitely got one on my next shopping list.

For the money, max fan pro hard to beat. Can get them for $250 and there's a newer version now too, probably cost more though.

The turbo g is exy for what it is, the built in controller and temp sensor nice but depending what a 2 speed blauberg 150 goes for, I feel the max fan pro very close.

The max fan should take a controller well too, it would come down to the money, they both flow the same but the new can max pro flows more iirc.

If you have a safe that may be inspected you should be concerned about the smell... there was a guy here in WA who came undone from a suspicious smell during a safe inspection.

If I have an inspection, I wouldn't leave it in house carbon filter or not, I reckon I could dismantle n have place clean in couple hours, and well aired.

But I do take your point.

For the money, max fan pro hard to beat. Can get them for $250 and there's a newer version now too, probably cost more though.

The turbo g is exy for what it is, the built in controller and temp sensor nice but depending what a 2 speed blauberg 150 goes for, I feel the max fan pro very close.

The max fan should take a controller well too, it would come down to the money, they both flow the same but the new can max pro flows more iirc.

Seems a viable option. I'll compare the two brands when the time arrives.

The quietest fans I've come across are the ones not in use. Any centrifugal fan will be noisy, the art to quieten them down is to wrap the fan in a blanket/sleeping bag, or what I prefer is fibreglass batts for their fire rating (I've got mine in a ply box stuffed full of batts). Then the next trick is to use acoustic ducting and position it to have a couple of bends in it. The bends will reduce the noise as well.

So if I was to suggest something, get a centrifugal fan that's bigger than what your space requires while purchasing a fan speed controller if it doesn't already come with one (dialing it back will reduce more noise), maybe 3 metres of acoustic ducting and carbon filter as you mentioned.

Your choice of lighting can dictate what you need too. If you're using a HPS you'll need a decent system to extract the heat. But if using LED or CMH it's not so much a issue.

Goodluck with it.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 2