What are you growing? Show us your non-canna garden

Neighbour dropped off freshly hatched Bush Turkey few years ago.

Yes I know they are protected and lil fella didn't seem too happy.

Upon vet advice as my location has many natural predators if you are a young Bush Turkey especially if injured.

So I kept him for 6-8 weeks and he was semi tame coming to his enclosure at night.

During his recovery, Wild cat spotted prowling on top of cage. I saw groups of crows gang up on him.

So I was trying to feed him up and get him good and strong, that meant full access to my food.

I had like 10 varieties of tomatoes going that year and he would only eat Roma's. None other or cherries either.

Roma's supposed to be near the top nutritionally iirc.

Ate all types of everything else.

He recovered well and was hoping he would make a compost heap for me on the cheap but went MIA after a few nights of release.

Moral of the story here is to try Roma's, good chance you won't die.

• Upvote 2

We got given a box of mangoes at Christmas time and I saved a few of the seeds to dry out and possibly germinate 

Anyway yesterday I cracked a couple open and they look allright , so Ive planted them in some seed raising mix in a large pot. 

If they germinate they will have to go to friends who live further North to grow as its a bit frosty here in winter for them.

post-56237-0-49657400-1579241313_thumb.jpg 

post-56237-0-18763100-1579241368_thumb.jpg

post-56237-0-26758100-1579241428_thumb.jpg

This one looks like an ugly looking bird or something lol

post-56237-0-24208100-1579241510_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Grown from a Neighbors Fruit orchard. He was good enough to give me one of his R2E2 Mangoes.

So here it is..It''s a Poly Type so Multiple Embreo's in the seed Pod. Had 4 plants go out and this one had the strongest stem by far.

Don't know if I got the Mother Clone or not. I hope so It was the best Mango I've ever eaten. R2's are not as sweet as the KP, they has a slight Apple Mango flavor

with firmer flesh, and they store better. Grown under Lights and in Coco at least until she gets older. Probably put her outside next summer.

Its about 3 weeks old

post-20575-0-27852800-1582010549_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1