Pot size recommendation

Those fabric type Geo Pots look good to me. I'll grab those shortly.

I think there is probably more than one way roll this spliff! I sent an email to Doc GT asking about using his SS amendments for LOS type grows and if he recommends diluting it. We'll see if he has any sage advice considering it is his recipe and he's probably used it plenty of times.

And yee haw, my new baby arrived today! A HiPar 315W DE CMH lamp (complete). She was accompanied by 2*4 Gorilla tent. Built the light and boy does it look the business. Tent building this weekend...

Thanks for all the good soil info fellas, quite the bonus for just a "pot size" question!  I've read more lately about the LOS/NT soils and they do sound good.  About as natural as you can get.  And it also sounds like everyone agrees I can repurpose my SS mix.  So I'm going to focus in on Itchy's info below for a moment.  He suggests a plan to dilute my current batch of 30L SS.

Do people agree that a 2:1 base soil to SS will make a good LOS soil, anybody see any problems this ratio?  I think the hard part is that I bought a premix and we don't know the exact ingredients or ratios.  But I suspect Dr GT is from the same school of thought as you guys and it should be a good starting point.  I tried emailing Dr GT sometime back, but got no response.  In my SS I added 500g of the GT premix to 10L each perlite, local organic compost, and sphagnum peat.  Thus if I grab another 20L of each I would have 90L of LOS which would be enough for my 3x 26L pots and some leftovers to dilute further for the seedling & intermediate pots.   I already have Dr GT Myco Inoculation and High Tea.  Putting all that together ... am I good to go?  Anything else I would need to add?

Extra info: Not sure if it really makes a difference, but the first grow with the soil will be HSO Mango Sapphire.  Indoor grow, so standard'ish vegetation times.

I have used their myco, tried their root roids too, I noticed a difference.

I have used their high tea also. Threw it in the mix.

Wouldn't get hung up too much, don't have to use them but get to put at least one tea through a soil i reckon. You will have mixed the soil so should have extra kelp etc for top dressings whenever necessary. Or for making teas and tinctures from those individual amendments.

Those fabric type Geo Pots look good to me. I'll grab those shortly.

I think there is probably more than one way roll this spliff! I sent an email to Doc GT asking about using his SS amendments for LOS type grows and if he recommends diluting it. We'll see if he has any sage advice considering it is his recipe and he's probably used it plenty of times.

And yee haw, my new baby arrived today! A HiPar 315W DE CMH lamp (complete). She was accompanied by 2*4 Gorilla tent. Built the light and boy does it look the business. Tent building this weekend...

nice one veritas :)

perfect timing ... that light is like a mini-sun. great set up.

Nice, de 315w eager to see. I love the 315s. Around $750? Wanna be better, ballast on the fixture?

Is that feet or m? If that's metres you may need more light.

2*4 feet, so the light should be about right. I've mounted the ballast on the reflector, rather than outside the tent. My house is chilly in winter, so the heat is desirable over the HLG LED used over summer.

That would be a single de 630 bulb?

Do some single ended 630s run 2x 315 bulbs in middle? Or is there a 630 single ended too?

I have a new 315w de hellion. E40 fitting, 4100k bulb. Came with a small white defender but I changed it to a medium for a 1.2x .9 tent.

I like it, too early to tell but Philips 3100k in any cmh ballast and shade goes pretty good. But I feel the adjustawings shade runs a bit cooler than any enclosed shade I've had.

That would be a single de 630 bulb?

Do some single ended 630s run 2x 315 bulbs in middle? Or is there a 630 single ended too?

I have a new 315w de hellion. E40 fitting, 4100k bulb. Came with a small white defender but I changed it to a medium for a 1.2x .9 tent.

I like it, too early to tell but Philips 3100k in any cmh ballast and shade goes pretty good. But I feel the adjustawings shade runs a bit cooler than any enclosed shade I've had.

Yes you get a 630w as a DE bulb or two single ended bulbs. Is yours a DE with an E40 fitting isn’t that just single end, DE have the wire from end to end of the bulb?

I agree the philips 3100k bulb is very nice