• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Re-breeding iced widow?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gmturner

gmturner

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi,

I really want to grow the strain iced widow again. I grew it 4 years ago in my first ever outdoor grow and have always wanted it back after trying many others. Unfortunately they discontinued it and I cant find it anywhere.

I was wondering if I get the two strains it was bred out of and crossed them myself what would be my chances of getting the same plant? 1 in a million? The two parents were their ice strain which I can still get and a white widow, but there are hundreds of "white widows".

It was a great yielder in my climate 41degrees south and consistant and nice potent looking bud.

Pointless goal?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Over the last few years Iced Widow has been off and on ,,I thought it was discontinued but was up for sale again recently ..
Just need to keep your eyes out for it and check the different vendors.

Seedsman Seeds are advertising it although they are out of stock at the moment ,,,

And you could email Female Seeds and ask when they will have them again ,,,worth a try if you are keen.

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: All
yes I think pointless trying to make it yourself,

billygoat

billygoat

• Banned
  • 6868 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: LOTS
You probably just got lucky with a pheno. Even if you found more seeds, who knows how many you would need to grow before you found the same thing..

Hempy SOG   ---   2018 SAL grow   ---    2016 indoor grow.   ---    2015 outdoor grow.    ---    2014 Sweet Seeds Autoflower grow.     

gmturner

gmturner

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Thanks for the tip serrated edge, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any loose beans that pop up.

I found the strain to be very uniform across the 5 plants I grew, I didnt see any different phenos in it, I combined all my 20 or so plants at drying but could easily tell when I was pruning a iced widow, they all went a nice dark purple and all chunky buds.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, I just wanna try her one more time.

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Any pics of Strain ?

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.