Re-breeding iced widow?

Hi,

I really want to grow the strain iced widow again. I grew it 4 years ago in my first ever outdoor grow and have always wanted it back after trying many others. Unfortunately they discontinued it and I cant find it anywhere.

I was wondering if I get the two strains it was bred out of and crossed them myself what would be my chances of getting the same plant? 1 in a million? The two parents were their ice strain which I can still get and a white widow, but there are hundreds of "white widows".

It was a great yielder in my climate 41degrees south and consistant and nice potent looking bud.

Pointless goal?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Over the last few years Iced Widow has been off and on ,,I thought it was discontinued but was up for sale again recently ..

Just need to keep your eyes out for it and check the different vendors.

Seedsman Seeds are advertising it although they are out of stock at the moment ,,,

And you could email Female Seeds and ask when they will have them again ,,,worth a try if you are keen.

Thanks for the tip serrated edge, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any loose beans that pop up.

I found the strain to be very uniform across the 5 plants I grew, I didnt see any different phenos in it, I combined all my 20 or so plants at drying but could easily tell when I was pruning a iced widow, they all went a nice dark purple and all chunky buds.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, I just wanna try her one more time.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1