Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Anyone tried adding Lactic acid Bacteria to their no till grows?

Been reading up on it and sounds promising.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-lactic-acid-bacteria-lab-boosts-potency-terpenes-and-yield-n1153

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

yep all the time 

soil drench & foliar spraying 

you can make your own LAB's at home which is good 

or buy EM-1 which has a few more facultative anaerobes in the bottle

than the single lactic acid bacteria you make yourself 

http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr

That looks like some great stuff and cheap too.

Thanks a lot for that itchybromusic[emoji106]

yep all the time

soil drench & foliar spraying

you can make your own LAB's at home which is good

or buy EM-1 which has a few more facultative anaerobes in the bottle

than the single lactic acid bacteria you make yourself

http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Interesting thread, just a question as I haven't read through the whole thing. Is this mainly for indoor use, growing inside pots? I see it referred to no till, here and I have only come across that term when talking about growing outside in the ground. 

I love organic growing outdoors, I just find to be very inefficient in terms of inputs personally, needing such a large volume of potting mix (not soil as that is mineral based sorry pet peeve) for indoor growth is counter productive in my opinion. 

I think I found your mix for sale online? How much worm castings do you use? I have a booming worm farm here, the most I use worm castings in a potting mix is about 10% for seedlings, would drop it to about 5% for normal growth as I have personally found worm castings to be far too fine to be used in high amounts and tends to drastically reduce the AFP of the potting mixes I make. re reading some posts I see compost is a main ingredient, may I ask what source of organic products are combined to make the compost you source? Is there a reason you use sphagnum peat here in Australia over other potentially locally sourced replacements, the main one I am thinking of is composted and screened pine bark? and is there a reason you use premium canadian peat over coco coir? I am guessing the peat is cheaper to import although I'm not sure on prices of the premium canadian peat. The nursery I use to work at imported a lot of peat from latvia, although it wasn't of the highest quality but it was cheap. I personally am not a fan of sphagnum peat, mainly due to it's potential enviormental impact although I know companies are working hard now to make the production of it much more sustainable.  

Cheers looking forwarded to learning more, I am always trying to improve my terrible sandy soils outdoors.