Canna & Dementia/Alzheimer's

buzzo

Question

My Father is now 82 years old and he has survived Heart Disease and Bowl Cancer, thanks to surgery.

He suffers from Dementia now and his cognitive function is pretty fucked..He basically can't make a Cup of Coffee now. He still knows who everyone is by name but he's getting worse.

The Doctor's have him on a fuck load of Poison's of course. I'm pretty sure the Drugs he's been on for the last 20 years to reduce his cholesterol is a contributing factor.

Fix one thing and fuck another seems to be what they are good at.

I've done a crap load of my own research and a blend of THC & CBD Oil seems to be the go.

(THC) and other compounds found in marijuana can promote the cellular removal of amyloid beta, a toxic protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease.

I know worst case scenario is Canna will stem the tide. I'm going to push my mother into getting him onto the Medical Canna.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Will these Medical Dickheads allow the use of a combined THC/CBD Oil or is our retarded Country only going to prescribe CDB Oil?

2. Have any of you already tried Canna for this condition on the sly and willing to give me any feedback

Edited by buzzo

Dealing with this right now

my mum is a few years older than your father, she had 2 strokes a few years ago.

She has been diagnosed with dementia due to the strokes, (reaction to the CBD may be a bit different due to the types of dementia involved)

She is unable to do anything, paralyzed on her right and loss of most functions on her left side.
She only remembers my name, she does not know her own name or the name of her other 4 kids.

I have her on CBD oil 30:1, for more than a year.
We swear by it, her brain seems to make a better connection with itself when she is on CBD.

The first time she took CBD it was like a light globe went on in her brain, there was zero doubt that the CBD was working.

She can speak longer sentences and she can tell a story (3 or 4 sentences only) when she is on CBD.

Some things are not better, her cognitive functions will never be back to 100% and never will be. 

CBD does not seem to help her neuropathy pain.

She just seems 'more awake' whilst on CBD.

Her Dr is aware she is on CBD - her doc is Pro CBD and cannabis in general (damn lucky we are)

Granted I am in Cali because of her and all that legal canna stuff is going on here.

If you can't get a hold of the thc/cbd combo that you want, give CBD a try.

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

My mum is 83 and pretty fucked up by dementia.

She is in the third stage as far as I can work out from the doctors. Couldn't look after herself, forgot where she lived or banked(she got lost in her retirement village),so we committed her to a facility for her own protection( she was emphatic that she would never live, read burden, with any of us kids.). Next she tried escaping and violence on other patients( so now a secure facility and meded out). Now she is going down really quickly can't remember how to dress herself or remember one hour before. The only good side to this story is she still has some memories of the far past. Doctors tell us this will go as well, no one knows how long this will take.

My sisters and I have investigated this fucked up disease in an attempt to either halt or slow down the process, even experimental treatments. To no end, we would be interested in any info about THC-CBD treatment. Fuck the laws, if it works we will black market the treatment.

When used with mint and asprin to help build neural pathways cannabis seems highly effective.

Aspirin promotes blood flow and peppermint helps to open smaller seldom used pathways within the brain thus allowing the brain in a sense to create new connection. Over a year researching everything and anything that could possibly help with the brain function and memory and this was the best combination. A few people I know have tried the combination after seeing how it's worked and have had results.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Has anyone used  DMSO to carry substances through the skin straight into the bloodstream which will then take the substance across the blood-brain barrier?

I have used DMSO with colloidal silver to quickly and swiftly treat an intractable nerve inflammation (trigeminal nerve) and have since also done a cannabis infusion with it to try out. (it gets one rather stoned very quickly). Good for pain etc as well.

I don't know how it would go with these dementia cases as I haven't tried it but I would think that it would get the stuff to the right place quickly. Well if it was me I would use it but I do a fair bit of experimentation on myself.

I do have a long background in natural medicine (herbs, homeopathy,osteopathy, acupuncture etc) so not just BS..ing . The discovery of the Endocannabinoid system put new life into my never ending studies of this sort of stuff.

Just  thinking about all this out loud really.

I like the mint and aspirin usage that you suggested AquaDolly, really like it!

• Upvote 1

My mum is 83 and pretty fucked up by dementia.

She is in the third stage as far as I can work out from the doctors. Couldn't look after herself, forgot where she lived or banked(she got lost in her retirement village),so we committed her to a facility for her own protection( she was emphatic that she would never live, read burden, with any of us kids.). Next she tried escaping and violence on other patients( so now a secure facility and meded out). Now she is going down really quickly can't remember how to dress herself or remember one hour before. The only good side to this story is she still has some memories of the far past. Doctors tell us this will go as well, no one knows how long this will take.

My sisters and I have investigated this fucked up disease in an attempt to either halt or slow down the process, even experimental treatments. To no end, we would be interested in any info about THC-CBD treatment. Fuck the laws, if it works we will black market the treatment.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Zen.

If nothing else Canna will definately remove the Agression

Thanks for the feedback everyone....Keep it coming

• Upvote 1