First grow questions: SROG & Nutrients

".....because I suspect it would be hard to alter once the plant is intertwined with the net...."

Whatever you do DO NOT intertwine the growth through the netting. Come harvest, if it's intertwined it's an absolute bastard to remove. And if you need to move the plant for any reason intertwining it makes moving it nigh on impossible.

Your plant will naturally reach for the light, it's better to have your plant in the middle of the tent and use the netting to spread the growth out underneath the netting, like a starfish, using the netting to hold the growth down.

I have grown SCROG in a 3m x 3m space for many years, with you being in such a confined space you'll need to start training it as soon as possible.

You'll want to pluck the centre growth out really early to reduce the upward growth and divide the stem, training each stem in a different direction.

If you plant her low in the pot you'll be able to get away with 10cm height for your SCROG net from the top of the pot imo

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Yeah +1 for no weaving, I had to move mine around on my auto run lol, had to cut the whole net and re string it haha.

".....because I suspect it would be hard to alter once the plant is intertwined with the net...."

Whatever you do DO NOT intertwine the growth through the netting. Come harvest, if it's intertwined it's an absolute bastard to remove. And if you need to move the plant for any reason intertwining it makes moving it nigh on impossible.

Your plant will naturally reach for the light, it's better to have your plant in the middle of the tent and use the netting to spread the growth out underneath the netting, like a starfish, using the netting to hold the growth down.

I have grown SCROG in a 3m x 3m space for many years, with you being in such a confined space you'll need to start training it as soon as possible.

You'll want to pluck the centre growth out really early to reduce the upward growth and divide the stem, training each stem in a different direction.

If you plant her low in the pot you'll be able to get away with 10cm height for your SCROG net from the top of the pot imo

Merl1n

Do not intertwine the plant in the SCROG net, got it!  I'll hit youtube and watch how other people do the net. 

I'm planning on topping the plant a couple times, but maybe a SCROG is making things too complicated for my small space.  The pot I'm using has little holes around the edge and I could add more if required.  Considering the pot is nearly the diameter of the tent, maybe I should just use plant ties instead.  I could enlarge the holes slightly and poke in some wooden chopsticks if I need some height for the plant ties.  Less DIY work and if needed I could take the plant + pot out of the tent without much hassle.  This isn't my pot in the pic, but it is 95% the same and you can see the hole slots around the pot edge and basket edge.

post-64181-0-02977400-1539754626_thumb.png

• Upvote 1