Mix 3K & 4K QB boards?

Do any of you guys think that some sort of stealth cupboard sort of grow space sort of thing would be worth developing.Like a wardrobe etc.

I said to my son (22 years old) who is a cabinet maker that it could be a thing to design and he said it was a brilliant idea, but it was a stoned thought on my part.

He now wants to come up from Vic and talk about design etc, but I am a bit lost now as it was just a stoney thought but he wants to develop it.

I dunno about it all now.

My thought is that I just shut up but now I am thinking about Ikea like flat packs. :idea: :twiddle:

Checkout grandmasterlevel.Com he has a video series on there called led vs hps he has two rooms one led one hps. Gives you a good idea

Im not sure how long QB's have been in Aus, but have any of U guys & Gals out there, been able to asses the difference in these lights , compared to what you were previously using, in reguard to finished product ??

Nutter

Do any of you guys think that some sort of stealth cupboard sort of grow space sort of thing would be worth developing.Like a wardrobe etc.

I said to my son (22 years old) who is a cabinet maker that it could be a thing to design and he said it was a brilliant idea, but it was a stoned thought on my part.

He now wants to come up from Vic and talk about design etc, but I am a bit lost now as it was just a stoney thought but he wants to develop it.

My thought is that I just shut up but now I am thinking about Ikea like flat packs. :idea: :twiddle:

The way I go about building cabinets is to first figure out what light/s you want to use first, then build it to maximise the footprint of the said light/s. For example, if I was to go with a single 600w HPS or 630w CMH the footprint would be in the range of 1.2m wide and 1.2m deep, and allow another 0.3m for a small oscillating fan, on the side. So the dimensions of the cab would 1.5m wide, 1.2m deep, 2.0m high (minimum). I usually use 12mm or 18mm ply, and the sheets come in at 1.2m x 2.4m each. So if I've got the headroom in the place where I'm going to have the cab I will use a full length sheet, otherwise cut it to fit in the room. The reason for maxing out the height is to allow for the gear that hangs overhead of the plants. Items like Light/s, Carbon Filter, Ducting and Centrifugal Fan. That can easily use up 30cm to 50cm of the cabs overall height.

So yeah, I suggest you figure out what gear you want to use in it first, purchase it, then build the cabinet to spec. But the light/s footprint should primarily dictate the width and depth of the cabinet.

You used to be able to buy them from a hydro shop in Fortitude Valley but the owner used to give all your details to the cops, especially if you used a credit card. The idea was that when lights were on you could see the plants and lights out the glass had a tint that blacked it out. They cost $3000 minimum up to $15000 @ 1m3 up to 8m3.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app