strange new world

howdy family,

hope we are all going well, ill assume every one remembers how most of my past grows have gone. at best really well at worst growing for someone else but didnt know i was.

so heres why im in this part of OS, ive just inherited a set up from a mate. (im taking everything ive been told with a grain of salt).

main kit:

jungle room tent 1x1x2

600w HPS with cool tube

whisper silencer fan with carbon filter.

so the main question ive got is how do you set up the cool tube? from what i can gather the carbon filter doesnt come off the fan (or its a bastard and stuck on well) and it sucks through the filter blows through the light then out through the hole in the tent. does that sound like the right way of doing it?

i thought it should go filter-cooltube-fan-vent out side tent?.

cheers for any help all

all the best with your upcoming adventure torrie.

no expert mate but what you said at the end there sounds good. the filter should come apart from the fan too. maybe some duct in between. being a smaller tent u will prob have to run the filter one way-duct with a bend- to cooltube- ducting or fan connected straight to cool tube - duct out.

bit of talk of the cool tubes not being so good, losing light. do you need the tube? could possibly get away with a clip on fan facing the light with a hood an piss the tube off?

what size is the fan?

no expert mate but what you said at the end there sounds good. the filter should come apart from the fan too. maybe some duct in between. being a smaller tent u will prob have to run the filter one way-duct with a bend- to cooltube- ducting or fan connected straight to cool tube - duct out.

bit of talk of the cool tubes not being so good, losing light. do you need the tube? could possibly get away with a clip on fan facing the light with a hood an piss the tube off?

what size is the fan?

Hey sooty. Thanks for dropping by mate.

Do I need the tube? Buggered if I know at this point. But the grow will be in a tent in a shed against a wall that gets morning summer sun. The shed itself cops full sun all day pretty much. At this point I’ll assume I’ll need the tube once summer hits but willing to give it a bash with out. If temps get high I’ll use the tube and deal with lower haul/thc%.

I can’t remember the size of the fan but I think it’s around 200mm diameter and stand just over hip height with the carbon filter attached

https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/EP-Whisper-Silencer-Fan-for-Carbon-Filter-150MM-6-Inch-390CFM-52dB

Looks like this. Just not sure the size the same

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Toorie, im just like you,  in a shed out the back, was using a cool tube,

have 200mm set up with inline fan.

i have the fan pulling air through carbon>through cooltube to inline fan which is outside of tent,

then ducting to outside...

your fan and filter should come apart,

depending where in oz you are growing like this in summer

is near impossible, unless your running a air con.

what size is the fan?

Pretty much sooty spot on. Removing the cool tube will increase ambient heat coming off the hps. A clip on fan, may as well blow hot air on your lamp. You want to cool your grow? Get a CAN centrifugal fan. Fuck the cool tube off or get a separate fan for the cool tube. Now ensure all ventilation is exiting your grow space. No point dumping more heat into your grow room when your trying to get it ventilated.

Now your shifting 200 + liters a minute through your grow. All heat has left the building if your ducting doing what it's ment too. No need for crappy clip fans, no need for a cool tube. Buy a God Damn good fan don't be a cheap ass. Good ventilation is vital.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app