Is this grow on the right path?

Hi, 

First time growing. This is the 7th week since seed. Trying to learn.

So far had a few fuck ups and almost killed the plants but well, they survived :P 

Done little bit LST (bent the main stems), topped once, and yesterday put them under a scrog, well sort of. 

Can you please check the photos and tell me if you spot anything that is obviously wrong to you?

Is it too low to scrog?

Left side one (og kush) have many tops but can't get the right side one (northern lights) be the same/similar (only 3-4 tops).

How long more should I wait before switch to 12/12? My space is limited, do I wait the canopy to cover the space or will the growth in flowering do that, so that i should switch already?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

post-63540-0-78749400-1529977998_thumb.jpg

post-63540-0-09431800-1529978001_thumb.jpg

They look good mate [emoji847] some strains grow totally different I have two cookies kush growing right now from seed and seem to be two diffferent phenotypes,

Ones really robust other is quite short and stubby so I took clones from the robust one as it seem to grow better straight away from day 1

They look good , how do you find growing with the led

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Looks all good to me mate

Personally I get quite impatient and sometimes flip them as soon as my clones have rooted but that’s me. Maybe give a few more weeks to see how much that right one can fill out more. In the end though up to you I feel they would be fine though

Thanks mate, yes I will do that, wait maybe another 2 weeks and then switch.

They look good mate [emoji847] some strains grow totally different I have two cookies kush growing right now from seed and seem to be two diffferent phenotypes,

Ones really robust other is quite short and stubby so I took clones from the robust one as it seem to grow better straight away from day 1

They look good , how do you find growing with the led

Thanks mate, as a beginner I find growing with LED a bit challenging because while there are heaps of information on the hanging height and coverage for standard lights MH/HPS, each LED can be quite different to one another. A bit of a trial and error for finding the correct hanging height. Light burn was a major issue for me and I learnt the hard way to hang it high and be safe. It was difficult for me to understand the effects of the light burn, it appeared as it starts like nutrient burn. 

attachicon.gifImage1529979971.788465.jpgattachicon.gifImage1529980017.889987.jpg

You can see differences in photos left from right both had same grow conditions just different results

Looks great mate, thanks. I see you defoliated under. I was thinking of doing this but I bent the main stem early, so now the plants are quite short. Not sure if I should still defoliate the lower bits on mine. 

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I completely understand we all make that mistake :) and it’s good that you have figured out the difference between light burn and nute burn haha :) good work and happy growing keep updates on your babies as you go intrested to see the results from the led

• Upvote 1

I completely understand we all make that mistake :) and it’s good that you have figured out the difference between light burn and nute burn haha :) good work and happy growing keep updates on your babies as you go intrested to see the results from the led

thanks :) will do update if i don't fuck up the flowering and harvest :P

This link helped me understand better about the light burn;

https://www.growweedeasy.com/too-much-light

Edited by Aucklander

I have only defioleated end of week 2 of flower from all the bottoms of the place to reduce the plants popcorn buds it will get from buds forming and not reviving much light ,

I like to get as much light as I can to each top and have not much undergrowth only to what the light penetrates down to ,

I don’t scrog anymore I just train my plants to fill the space with a some what even canopy ,

All depends on what you want end goal

Yours look great but definatly leave them another 2 weeks in veg , them flip , do a second screen to hold the stretch when you flip , then strip everything off from the bottom scrog net down and watch those sexy buds form [emoji847]

I have only defioleated end of week 2 of flower from all the bottoms of the place to reduce the plants popcorn buds it will get from buds forming and not reviving much light ,

I like to get as much light as I can to each top and have not much undergrowth only to what the light penetrates down to ,

I don’t scrog anymore I just train my plants to fill the space with a some what even canopy ,

All depends on what you want end goal

Yours look great but definatly leave them another 2 weeks in veg , them flip , do a second screen to hold the stretch when you flip , then strip everything off from the bottom scrog net down and watch those sexy buds form [emoji847]

Yes I will do this. :) I thought once we switch to flowering, we need to stop doing anything that can stress the plant. I understand now we can still defoliate then. This is very good info, thanks a lot.