Canada goes fully legal!

I reckon once NZ has their referendum and it becomes legal in the couple of years to follow, I think that will have the most influence here in Oz. I think when our states get the power to independently decide on legalisation, that will be the start of history. Will just take a LOT of time.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

We may be... but your right, who knows. I am a lot more optimistic than I used to be because I think that governments want to legalise it now because they want the tax revenue. They just aren't sure how to go about it without pissing off socially conservative voters and looking like hypocrites. It may take years, it could also happen surprisingly quickly and with little fanfare. We will have to wait and see 

You would think the conservatives that are against cannabis would be a minority. Politicians are all just funked in the head. This whole situation just doesn't make sense. We went with prohibition coz America said so, now most of them can openly use it and we're still hiding like criminals. Surely it can't be too far away

The foundations have been layed in oz for big pharma to try and dominate the proceedings.Unless. It's free for everyone to grow I'm not interested.

Certainly not interested in paying top dollar for government grown scwag!

So far proposals I have heard from Greens and liberal democrats have included home growing although restricted to 6 plants. Overseas usually include restricted home growing. I don't think their that worried about home growing because most people simply don't and even less probably will once you can buy from shops. I think we here on these growers forums tend to think that everyone wants to grow but I've noticed most people who smoke weed actually aren't much interested in growing their own, they just want to smoke when they feel like it with minimal hassle. I'm optimistic we will be able to grow a few plants for personal use. You certainly won't be able to grow and sell large amounts in this country without paying $$ to the government (licences and tax)

If it's only six plants then that should go for tomatoes and zucchini and roses and any other plant as well canna.

I know a lot will think it's great ,,,and it is for many ,,,I'd have been rapt once too.

But now I grow what I want regardless , and still will .

So why should I fall foul of the proposed laws when all I want us some variety ?

The penguins go home to their little wine collections ,,and enjoy the variety.

I wanna do that too but with canna.

Funny there isn't a law on how many grape plants you can grow.

Agree 100% But restrictions there most likely will be, and that is way better than what we have. After a few years though, do you think they would even bother enforcing it? I mean smelling weed when its legal to grow a few plants would no longer be grounds for a warrant for instance, they would have to have proof that you are growing over the limit and selling it. I'd say as long as you don't have a full blown plantation in your yard and you aren't selling it on gumtree that you'd fly under the radar. Indoor would go completely under the radar in the long run. I doubt they would chase it much. The vast majority will buy shop weed just like the vast majority buy shop tomatoes and beer. 10 years after legalisation, home growers will largely go unnoticed I think (maybe I hope lol)

• Upvote 1