first time looking for some guidance

hi all first timer here growing in perlite with a 70x70x160cm / 27x27x63 inch tent using a OPTIC 2 LED 205 Watt COB LED GROW LIGHT.

This is the third week veg now and i had no issues up until the other day i noticed a black metallic "paint" type substance on the plant leaves which after researching turned out to possibly be thrips? I'm not really 100% sure. To be safe i sprayed them with a Pyrethrum based insect spray but i stupidly did this during lights on rather than waiting until they were going to sleep.

if it matters I'm using general hydroponics flora trio nutrient with gh calimagic @ 75% strength without any signs of burning or slow growth. everything seemed fine then 24 hours later not so much.

i assume the light fried them since they were wet? are they salvageable? any help appreciated. d75b5c549277632d58d7c0509857cd8f.jpg634711910cbf0c31f896c89f4ed4ad6e.jpg5f7c3a3883f1676b43075ee505a74660.jpgf7bcc70715e60045755e290bbc7120cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like nute burn,tips of leaves are burnt,back of the nutes,first thing is flush the plant/plants,plain water for a week or 2 try 1/4 nutes young/small plants don't like alot of nutes and also the brown spots on the leaves usually means it needs cal mag,1-flush with ph water 2- water ph5.8-6.0 for couple weeks 3- 1/4 strength nutes and slowly move up as it grows

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

cheers for the reply. 100% not nutrient burn they have been feeding on this weak solution for 2 weeks. strength has not changed when i make it up according to ppm meter. as noted above i sprayed the leaves while the light was on.

i assume it will recover since you don't seem to bothered by what you saw.

maybe the black i saw on the leaves is actually mold not thrips. my tent does get extremely humid to the point when lights on hits sometimes the plants are wet with droplets. i chucked a fan in the tent to see if that helps the exhaust deal with it

Edited by weedtoker247

The pyrethrium spray is the culprit imo. It can really fuck ya leaves up, glad that little fella didn't cop it too bad. She'll come good if ya let her do her thing

When mine were iddy biddy I sprayed them with pyrethrium and burnt the shit out of them. Didn't read the package until after but it specifically says not too lol.

i think you guys are right that stuff fried them and looking back I'm positive it was mould not thrips but im only guessing really. started to train them they are looking pretty good considering i have no experience. just looking to be free of the street and that's a success for me.

cheers

Edited by weedtoker247
  • Upvote 1