I think I stuffed up again

Ok. After a failed attempt and wind damage to my baby plants, I decided to make a space bucket with 2 x LED lights mounted in the lid. I germinated another seed and planted it and put the pot in my new space bucket.

I didn't have the chance to fit a cooling fan on the night I put the pot in my newly made space bucket but I put the pot in there to start growing.

I left the 2 lights on and they are only 30cm away from the top of the pot. I think I burnt the newly germinated seed[emoji22]

Since then I have fitted a ventilatiin fan which I might have to buy a bigger one, ordered a full spectrum 300w light so I will fit it to my space bucket but I will increase the height from 30cm up to around 70cm from the top of the pot.

I am germinating another seed now so I hope this one works out.

Any other suggestions? What size fan do you recommend?d867de6b35f50ca7c521956d3e94f81c.jpg7350aceab80591e7af33d1bd55be3cb0.jpg7aab3d284eba680ba55335841af1d76e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok. Here goes my second attempt at growing.

After some moods to my space bucket/space house I think now have it sorted.

I doubled the height of the space hose by placing another foil lined bunnings storage container on top of the other. I cut out the top of it and sat the light on top and fixed the ventilation so it flows nicely.

I am germinating an autoflower Amnesia and the little tail is sticking out.

1. Should l plant it in a small pot to start off with and transplant it later or am I better off planting it in the bigger pot from the start?

2. Do I put the pots in my space house from the beginning or do I wait for the seedling to sprout above the surface? The temps are quite cool in Australia.

3. My new light has a few switches on the back of it. 1 switch on it's own is a bluish light, the other switch on it's own is red and both switches on together is a pinkish/purple light. What colour do I have on when the seedlings are just starting out? From what I have been reading, vegitatin plants need the blue light and once they start growing buds I need the pink /purple light?

Here are some pics of my new space house[emoji16]

I'm pretty keen to get this stuff growing.

821cfc1467d1bc312f37812980ac9deb.jpg6bde69d65364545b0939a1b772456e73.jpg2a8e41431b31f2a5d9bf3bb24945ed88.jpgf2be858a468d0d26e717e845d1e8fee0.jpg36c35de69b58eccbb6bc87cdaba5ef4c.jpg7f2312bf87bffe749888dd059e59ff1d.jpg0afc1eaecce8588cbfb46d400e4b7408.jpg2e1449bb5018f70a9f16c49aea5b3efe.jpg9fae78bec5b16276757721fd6757a72a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

put the sprout into your large container, avoid touching with fingers, make sure the growing medium isnt compacted- which tends to happen by pouring hard from a bag mix and then watering hard on top of that.

the mix should be lightly moist

as for the rest cant help

• Upvote 1

put the sprout into your large container, avoid touching with fingers, make sure the growing medium isnt compacted- which tends to happen by pouring hard from a bag mix and then watering hard on top of that.

the mix should be lightly moist

as for the rest cant help

Thanks for the heads up.

Ok. From what I've been reading, I need the blue lights for vegetation so my grow light is rocking the blue.

I have planted the germinated seed in the pot with loose soil and placed it in my space house. To keep the humidity up I have placed s clear container on top of it. The temp is 21 degrees C.

Let's sit back and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk