Mother Plants?

I reckon ideally you need a combo of both Fluro's and Metal Halide.

Reason being from my limited experience. Fluro's work best at trying to suspend growth of a Mother plant with the minimal light that they provide. And when you want to kick her along a bit in preparation for taking cuttings/clones, fire up with a MH (HPS would work just as good) and a splash of nutes two weeks before going the snip. Once your done with her again, flip it back over to Fluro's and drop the nutes back again.

Note that I mentioned "trying to suspend growth', it's something that is next to impossible from my experience, the buggers keep humming along with very little (light and nutes).

Edited by Indycar

I know it's an old thread but what's your opinion if I keep one of the clones I got off the larger which is now almost at harvest and use one of them as a mother and put the rest to flower when it's ready. In other words is there any disadvantage to using a clone as a mother or do u think it's better for genetics or whatever to have that mother from a male and female ie seed? For the strongest most potent clones is there any difference?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeah and they can cause herms once bred regular. Just got to breed it out. Back crossing adds issues but stress testing and very selective breeding will reduce and eventually eliminate this tendency. I prefer to grow Femme small and pollinate while still quite young. If not growing for buds.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2