Armour Series LEC/CMH Fixture - 315W | + Philips 315W 930 CDM Elite La

i was looking into the The Emerson Effect of growing aswell and this set up

will help me with that (i hope!........ it all works out in my head)

I'll have to look this up long time smoker having a crack at self supply. Just want a decent setup n confused with led options and costs but I'm unsure if the cost is really much different? I looked into led but think atm I'll stay with non led

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

yeah Shorty, thats were we all started, own supply...

the emerson effect is very new to me, but i think it may have some merit......

or maybe 40yrs time they might be think WTF were these old pricks thinkin with thier emersion effect! nutters!

m not a led fan...

but alot of people are and are getting great results with them........ in a micro grow...... in a computer case lol (sorry LED lovers}

but IMO youll be pushin shit up hill 4eva with led's, again this comes from someone who has never used LED's, and probley never will..

lec is the future....

If your new to growing , KISS applies man!

buy quality the first time and the rest is easy!

Hey Shorty,

1x https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Hi-Par-Digital-CMH-Control-Ballast-Kit-315W-Philips-315W-930-Lamp

already have one of these, although a lot older https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Lighting-Kit-HPS-Flower-Gavita-400W-Lumatek-Ballast-Adjust-A-Wings-Defender

put them in one of these https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Hi-Par-Dual-HPS-CMH-Air-Cooled-Reflector-E40-SE-and-PGZ18-LEC-Lamp-Mount

and i can always purchase another 315lec with an adaptor to fit the E40 fitting for in the future then i can run 2x 315lec,

i really wanted the hipar double ended 630 lec but was a bit concerned about heat, and not being able to run the 10k light for finishing(i know i know, it probably all bullshit, but i gotta find out myself"

from my internet studies 2x 315lec ran a lot hotter then 1x 630lec...

...hence the vented hood, which will definitly help with the hps heat, not so much the lec at the moment..... was an investment now for future upgrades!

Ps, i wanted to play around with the hps and lec lighting together, supose to help with with oil production, i dont really know yet, as i havnt completed a full grow,

gotta play around a bit n see what works best..

So obviously this unit runs one globe at a time,or I have option of using 600w as well as 315?

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

So obviously this unit runs one globe at a time,or I have option of using 600w as well as 315?

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

yeah mate,im a gonna run them both at same time...400w hps and 1x 315lec, but you can run a 600hps instead of 400.

not to sure on the light spread of only one light on in these vented hoods.

as a guess i would think you would lose a bit of light spread but it would be negligible.

Im running 2 315 cmh sunstorm kits in a 1.2x1.2x 2 high tent plenty of light but before that i ran a 80x80x1.8 high with one cmh kit in it. But always remember make it stealthily as possible with the noise of the fan. Im pretty lucky my local hydro guy i go to i trust with setups i just give him a budget that im working with an he does his best to keep it under or push it to the best he can do for that price

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hey Duffman

whats the heat like running 2x 315 sunstorm lecs in a 1.2mx1.2m space?

yeah mate,im a gonna run them both at same time...400w hps and 1x 315lec, but you can run a 600hps instead of 400.

not to sure on the light spread of only one light on in these vented hoods.

as a guess i would think you would lose a bit of light spread but it would be negligible.

Is there an issue using a different reflector or this is better option being air cooled just unsure I'll have enough funds to buy two good fans now planned on using a good fan for carbon could buy a cheaper for hood untill down track n upgrade I guess

Is there an issue using a different reflector or this is better option being air cooled just unsure I'll have enough funds to buy two good fans now planned on using a good fan for carbon could buy a cheaper for hood untill down track n upgrade I guess

you can use what eva reflector you prefer..

but with a hps bulb it would be better to run a vented hood IMO, i am in the same size tent as you.

waiting for some feedback from 

duffman about heat from 2x lecs

without vented hoods

buy 1x  good inline fan and run it for both, carbon filter and vented hood...

ie: inside tent, cardon filter> ducting> cool tube/vented hood> ducting from vented hood to inline fan,which is outside tent> ducting fom inline fan  to outside.

i have the inline fan sucking air through carbon filter, hood to outside. 1x fan only.

Edited by ..............................