Queensland, Sunshine Coast - Top Secret Medicinal Cannabis Farm

I found this interesting.

Cannabis Conspiracies: Two Anti-Cancer Studies Previously Suppressed – Until Now

HEALTH

Medical science breakthroughs and therapeutic uses of pot are both numerous and vital when it comes to the well-being of our society.

TIFFANY KING

SEP 24, 2017

TWEET

EMAIL

Anti-Cancer

Cannabis news and culture outlets like us here at HERB do our very best to cover groundbreaking information related to our precious flower. This is especially true when it comes to medical science breakthroughs, as therapeutic uses of pot are both numerous and vital when it comes to the well-being of our society. Yet, the struggle for cannabis acceptance means that some of the data will slip through our fingers if mainstream or independent cannabis outlets are not made privy to the developments for a myriad of reasons. So, to maintain our due diligence, here are two significant anti-cancer medical cannabis studies that went largely unnoticed.

The Madrid study

Cannabis Conspiracies 1 Cannabis Conspiracies: Two Anti Cancer Studies Previously Suppressed Until Now

Photo credit

The Nature Cancer Review Journal published a 2000 study conducted by researchers in Madrid, Spain which found that incurable brain tumors in rats were completely eradicated by THC injections. Manuel Guzman, lead researcher of the study discovered that cannabinoids impeded tumor growth.

These compounds have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumor cells in culture and animal models by modulating key cell-signaling pathways. Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies.

The finding was significant since cancer cells multiply exponentially. Cannabinoids cause cancer cell death, while also inhibiting angiogenesis – the formation of new blood vessels that can keep tumors growing strong. This study was not covered by any major news outlet in the U.S.

The Virginia study

Cannabis Conspiracies 2 Cannabis Conspiracies: Two Anti Cancer Studies Previously Suppressed Until Now

Photo credit

A previous effort to tie cannabis to effective cancer treatment was conducted in 1974 at the Medical College of Virginia. At the time, the National Institute of Health funded the study in order to uncover evidence that THC had a detrimental impact on the immune system.

However, the opposite impact was found when researchers concluded that THC decelerated the growth of a variety of cancers in rodents (including leukemia). The only article to cover a small portion of the research appeared in the local section of the Washington Post that same year.

The active chemical agent in marijuana curbs the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice and may also suppress the immunity reaction that causes rejection of organ transplants, a Medical College of Virginia team has discovered.

The researchers “found that THC slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent,” read the piece.

A scheme of the highest magnitude

Cannabis Conspiracies 3 Cannabis Conspiracies: Two Anti Cancer Studies Previously Suppressed Until Now

Photo credit

Going further than a mere media blackout, the DEA ultimately stepped in and ended this study. It is reported that President Gerald Ford demanded that pharmaceutical companies had exclusive rights to cannabis research in order to develop synthetic versions of THC.

Eventually, a compelling article titled, “Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in ‘74’ was published in the San Antonio post detailing the Virginia study and how it was suppressed by the mainstream media.

Call it a conspiracy if you want, but media blackouts of important cannabis research are bound to happen in a country where harmful, for-profit prescription drugs are placed at the forefront of healthcare. You don’t have to be high to connect these dots, that’s for sure.

READ COMMENTS

Copied from herb.co

Here is the article I am talking about where they setup their own catch22.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-23/cannabis-email-has-government-accused-of-defying-senate/8835622

So our employees (the politicians) made it available.....
In June a rainbow coalition of senators came together to defeat the Government and overturn restrictions on the importation of cannabis-based medicines for terminally ill patients.

But then stopped its import......
But in an email obtained by Lateline, the Government subsequently warned importers they would be in breach of their permit and licence conditions if they followed the will of the Senate.

Despite their own vote.....
The email, sent by the Office of Drug Control in the Department of Health, notes the Senate vote "allows access to medicinal cannabis products under the Special Access Scheme Category A".

By threatening the only group who could currently do it legally.....
But the email goes on to warn importers "it is a breach of your permit and licence conditions if you supply any imported medicinal cannabis product to a patient under SAS-A".

Edited by rigman

"We tend to think of the Dutch or Americans when it comes to cannabis, but it is really the Israeli's."

Not all of us.  Maybe pure rec strains etc. but not so much medicinal.  I tend to think of Australia and the benefits it would have for our country.

The RS article reads very much like an infomercial?  Is health and well being at the heart of it? A quick search reveals more touting and stock purchase/investment opportunities....which is how the whole prohibition paradigm began ie advent of modern pharmaceuticals....

Whilst I agree with the well publicized statements re Israel as a world leader in cannabis research, I believe that by peeling even the first layer of that onion away we can see a more clearer truth regarding why. 

I envisage Australia as a world leader in both research, and production/distribution of medicinal cannabis as well as recreational. 

My original question "Why Israel?" has much less to do with quality of research than "What are we not doing so we can research, produce, value add- ie different methods of delivery and distribute the product?"

This brings us back to our state of servitude.  We do not need Israeli cannabis, or Dutch, or US, Canadian or any suchlike.  We need a government that is not a whore to multi-national globalism. 

We are more than valid in our science when kept un-corrupted and pure...if there exists such a thing these days. 

Somebody is/has going to make a motza out of this and Australia at large won't be the benefactor...so I ask the question "why Israel when I believe in my conscience that our intelligence, scientific skill sets, integrity and compassion are easily at or even above the level of Israeli bio-pharma business entities?"   I think we are worth it.  Our government doesn't. 

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 1