Lets talk Tents

zeuss

I am thinking about buying a new tent and am a bit overwhelmed by the choices. The tent i was using last winter was an unknown brand but worked very well,

the main feature that it had that these new ones don't seem to is extra flaps of canvas around the zips to stop any light leakage.

My last one had a straight zipper down the centre, not sure what i think about these semi circular zippers.
I do like the fact that these tents have side access windows as i usually do SCROG and it gets a bit busy so being able to get at the back and sides seems like a great idea.
Money is not really an issue.

I was hoping that some of you folks might have an opinion on the ones i have added below, or any other ones of this size.

https://www.amazon.com.au/LAGarden-120x120x200cm-Reflective-Indoor-Hydroponics/dp/B075YGJG13/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1517532051&sr=8-4&keywords=grow+tent

https://www.amazon.com.au/Greenfingers-Tents-Hydroponics-Plant-Shelves/dp/B07798YF46/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1517532051&sr=8-9&keywords=grow+tent

Cheers
Z

Don’t get the second one with the plastic corners. The first one looks similar to the mars tent I used. Since the mars stuff is getting weird news, it’s either a good time to buy mars or not. But if your planning to run grow after grow thru it and money isn’t an option then go for gorilla tent.

The 1.2x1.2x2 are a nice size for 1-4 plants. If you like stretchy genetic you really only get to use 1.4m once you take light hangers and how it’s attached into account. If you like em short and bushy then this would do for 2-3 max plants. Home this helps.

Edited by ooodog
  • Upvote 1

Never used a tent, and haven't kept up with development of them in recent years.

But what I've read about the Gorilla Tents is pretty impressive, especially the extendable sections you can buy to extend the overall height of your tent. Come in handy when mucking around with sativa's.

If I had the coin, I'd probably go the 4' x 8' tent with a double CMH 315w setup like Ozzy, with a 600w HPS cooltube in the middle of them.

Good luck with whatever you settle on, zeuss. :good:

• Upvote 1

Jungle Room Tent's are pretty good the one i seen had awesome reflection and metal corners if u can avoid ebay crap try your hardest, with ebay shit whats in that day is out the next day and swapped the following day for a lesser product and if the price seems too good it will be i have 5 tents atm the absolute shittest 4x4 cost like $80 it was that bad it felt as if the material was made of a thinner than a summer bed sheet the silver was just gray die not actually reflective the tent had holes in it the zippers were very weak the poles bent and it only had i think from memory 100mm ports in a 4x4 tent

• Upvote 1

gorilla are good but exxy ... homebox are good and a fair price. if going homebox, make sure to get the ambient range, so you get the zippered bottom. only problem i have with homebox is that their zips can be a bit loud compared to the gorilla tents. i like the diamond mylar in the gorilla tents and the white par+ lining in the homebox. gorilla have heaps more (and larger) ports, so allows for more flexibility. gorilla have the zip down the middle and can be opened up totally. homebox ambient have two zips down the front (if that makes sense) and side zippered areas that only go down to about 40cm from the bottom. like indycar said ... the ability to increase the height on ggt is a very handy thing. being able to open the tent up totally (front and two sides) makes set up really easy and would be very helpful for a scrog setup. if you have the cash ... i'd go gorilla, but if looking for a good tent with less flexibility ... the homebox ambient is a good buy.

hope it helps

• Upvote 1

the thing i dont like about tents is they seem to get quite hot and humidity often gets too low. i have one and iam quite happy with it except the aforementioned issues. i think tents might be a bit cooler if they used flat white instesad of silver mylar or whatever it is rhey use.

The original grow tents use to be white but the tents out of Chine put off a gas from the HID and fluro lighting which made it toxic to plants i experienced this first hand, i was running two tents side by side a 90x50x1.8m and a small clone tent the problem happened in the clone tent my plants looked unhealthy and at 3 weeks looked like 1.5 weeks old i took them out of the tent and bingo they flew along that clone tent was a GrowLush brand from the very early days of tents

Some of the USA higher end tents are still white panda film but a good majority of tents these days use mylar the quality of reflection does vary if u can afford to buy a diamond mylar tent go that they reflect an absolute shit load more light than the average grow tent but they are not cheap

• Upvote 1