Seems he's on remand at Silverwater Gaol for a bail hearing next month.

He was at Parklea Prison but claimed the guards were sadistic, the judge recommended he be moved the metropolitan remand centre at Silverwater

He's claiming he's a political prisoner.

If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in jail.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/38315069/protest-at-court-during-sydney-cannabis-oil-case/

• Upvote 1

Nahh, he was a bit loopy long before Ubuntu.

yes agree...

i was here when you was rantin n ravin at nimbin in 2010 MG...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAzOKKbZYQ

he sure is a crack pot...

https://luckylosing.com/tag/andrew-katelaris/

A Little Boy Lost and the Goat in the Sheep’s paddock

MAY 31, 2017 1 COMMENT

A few days ago Australia’s Seven Network screened Saving Chase as the subject of their Sunday Night programme.

The general plight of Chase can be gleaned from watching the programme. However this hasn’t just happened in the last few weeks. More so in no way, as Melissa Doyle tells viewers during the introduction, is this “a classic case of what would you do?”. Indeed Doyle confirms this in her next statement.

A child just four years old suffering from a serious disability. He is distressed, in constant pain and gripped by violent, uncontrollable seizures. Understandably his parents want him to be well and happy like other little boys. In desperation they abandoned traditional style medicine and turned to a bizarre hippy-style church for help.

The question rather, is “How can any parent subject their innocent, vulnerable, high needs child to the unverified guesswork pushed upon him by a reckless, dangerous and deregistered doctor who had caused “catastrophic” injuries through administering cannabis oil to prior patients?“

Arrogant, unrepentant and angry with the demands of genuine medical science, Andrew Katelaris, the so-called Dr. Pot is the last person who should be anywhere near a fragile child like Chase. Presently as a result of his disdain for medicine and accountability Katelaris is “permanently prohibited from supplying or administering cannabis or any of its derivatives to any person for the treatment or purported treatment of cancer”.

It appears to be a very thin line that he is walking on.

Despite being deregistered for breaking the law in 2005, Katelaris last year managed to break the law for non-registered health practitioners. He injected cannabis oil into two women suffering from ovarian cancer, in what was described as “a hasty, ill-conceived and unsafe clinical trial of injected cannabis oil as a treatment for malignant ascites”.

The ABC reported in part;

The NSW Health Care Complaints Commission concluded Dr Katelaris put his own interest in self-protection and self-promotion ahead of the health and safety of two vulnerable women suffering from ovarian cancer.

It found he posed a risk to the health and safety of members of the public, prompting him to be permanently prohibited from supplying or administering cannabis or any of its derivatives, to any person for the treatment or purported treatment of cancer.

As is plain in the video Katelaris deems himself right and everyone else wrong when it comes to his use, or rather abuse, of cannabis. It’s impossible to call his guesswork the “medicinal” use of cannabis. Katelaris conducts no trials, keeps no clinical notes, takes no measurements and lacks the use of basic statistical models. As the HCCC noted last year in describing his bogus “trial” it lacked credibility, authorisation, scientific legitimacy or ethics approval. The best he could offer reporter Alex Cullen with regards to efficacy was that he sees results. However he admits his work is “experimental”

Problems began with Katelaris at least as far back as 1986. The NSW Medical Board record that in this year he “self-administered morphine”. The 2006 NSW Medical Board Annual Report includes a compelling paragraph on page 24;

Andrew John Katelaris

In 1991 Andrew Katelaris was suspended for 12 months from the practice of medicine because of his opiate use. However on return to practice Mr Katelaris continued to indulge in use of restricted or illegal substances, including morphine, pethidine, cannabis and ketamine.

In December 2005 the Medical Tribunal found Mr Katelaris guilty of professional misconduct conduct and ordered his de-registration with no review period for three years. The Tribunal found Mr Katelaris had inappropriately prescribed schedule 8 narcotics, a schedule 4D drugs and cannabis to friends, family and to himself not in accordance with therapeutic standards.

It was also alleged he breached his registration conditions. The Tribunal considered that the flagrant disregard by Mr Katelaris of the conditions on the his registration was conduct that portrayed indifference and an abuse of the privileges which accompany registration as a medical practitioner.

The full NSW Medical Tribunal Determination, December 15 2005 may be found here. Katelaris could not apply for re-registration for a period of three years. It is clear from reading this document that Katelaris struggled with his opioid addiction and this was compounded by surgery in March 1992 for a spinal disc lesion. His Schedule 8 authority was restored in August 1992 with restrictions that he could not take possession of Schedule 8 drugs, only prescribing for patients at the hospital where he worked. In October 1993 his authority was fully restored.

On 14 January 2002 the Pharmaceutical Services Branch of NSW Health Department received a report of an empty packet of ketamine at the home of Katelaris labelled with a name other than his. On 19 January 2002, Katelaris was admitted to a hospital Emergency Department. Records note he stated he had been self administering ketamine since September 2001. His struggle with addiction continued with appropriate restrictions being applied when necessary.Regrettably for him it has destroyed his medical career.

Nonetheless his problems with self medication are not the problem for Chase. The danger is his reckless use of cannabis on vulnerable patients combined with the conviction he is doing what is right and what is safe. With a history of obtaining opiates for “friends and family” it is clear his provision of cannabis could be dangerously reckless.

In 2009 he sought to “review an order that his name be removed from the register of Medical Practitioners”. You can read the full NSW Medical Tribunal determination here. It is noted that in addition to the 1986 use of morphine he used both morphine and cocaine in 1988. No conviction was recorded and he was placed on a good behaviour recognizance for two years. He again self-administered morphine and at his own request his right to prescribe Schedule 8 drugs was withdrawn.

It was 1989 when Katelaris initially sought for the prescribing restrictions to be lifted. Restrictions on Schedule 8 remained but the Medical Board, after interviewing Katelaris decided some restrictions could be lifted. This depended on undergoing urinalysis and informing his employer “of the undertakings”. Katelaris refused thus the application was unsuccessful. The determination continues on describing his addiction to and use of morphine, Pethidine, Ketamine, cocaine and Fortral.

The Goat in the Sheep’s paddock

In describing his poor insight Katelaris said;

Poor insight, really that I was prepared to stand outside of a majority opinion. I must admit I considered myself very much…like a goat in a sheep’s paddock where a lot of people were content to walk one way but I felt free and quite unconstrained to exercise my own independence of thought and action. I still in many ways feel it is the right of every sovereign being to exercise independence of thought and action but being part of a profession which has considerable responsibility and access to technologies and pharmaceuticals of considerable strength and power, they have to be constrained so whilst maintaining an independence of thought I now accept that one does have to, to a greater or lesser degree, fall in with the herd, certainly in regard to accepted behaviour such as self- administration I have very little problem with saying that without equivocation.

He went on to say he was “testing the law” and was “impatient to bring forward progress in Australia”. When it came to not being able to supply cannabis to others in pain he added;

…but the insight was that I failed to appreciate the authoritarian stance and lack of compassion in the legal system

The application was dismissed and the applicant had to pay the respondent’s costs.

The April 2010 NSW Medical Board News included on page 8;

Application for restoration to Register – irregular prescribing, own use of cannabis and breach of conditions

Issue

Mr Andrew Katelaris (MBBS (Syd) 1982) was deregistered in 2005 by the Medical Tribunal which set a non-review period of 3 years following a finding of professional misconduct for irregular prescribing of Schedule 8 and 4D drugs to family and friends, his own use of cannabis and breach of conditions on his registration. In his application for restoration, Dr Katelaris argued that he had developed insight and was a changed man.

Findings

The 2009 Tribunal did not accept that Mr Katelaris was a changed man, referring to his conviction for 4 criminal offences since 2005 and his inability to accept the 2005 decision; the application was dismissed.

As we can see today with respect to reckless administration of cannabis Katelaris remains very much a goat in a sheep’s paddock, unable to accept his responsibility to evidence based science. Despite his penchant for obtaining opioids for “friends and family” it is Katelaris’ reckless pseudoscientific use of cannabis that has raised complaints relating to the Drug Misuse and Traffiking Act 1985. Katelaris admitted his supply of cannabis for individuals between October 2002 and September 2004 was in contravention of the Act.

It was reported today that Katelaris was arrested yesterday and will;

…appear in court today charged with possession and supply of illegal drugs and also having cash suspected of being from the proceeds of crime. Police raided the St Ives home of Andrew Katelaris yesterday morning where they allegedly seized cash and cannabis found in the Luton Place resident of the former doctor. The 62-year-old was taken to Hornsby Police Station and charged and spent the night in the cells after being refused bail. As a doctor Mr Katelaris was an outspoken supporter of the use of cannabis oil for cancer sufferers.

Although it is almost certain that Chase’s condition is not a “vaccine injury” his parents have been convinced not only of this, but that he will die if fed and medicated properly by qualified medical staff. Under the “care” of Katelaris and others he has lost 50% of his body weight and is notably emaciated [see below].

Tragically last month his parents fled with Chase to prevent him being admitted to hospital for proper care, sparking an amber alert across QLD and NSW. In disturbing insight into how the rights of Chase are unappreciated by his mother, Cini Walker she posted a video at the time asking;

“My son is … Do I even own him anymore? Who’s going to help our family? When is this nightmare going to stop?”

Ownership of another human being? Whilst it is likely incorrect to suggest Cini thinks she owns Chase as she might a piece of property, it does yield significant insight into how incapable she is of accepting the role of Child Services, the necessity of medical care and the harm caused in snatching him from hospital to flee across state lines.

They stayed at the NSW Church of Ubuntu [Facebook] until FACS authorities under the protection of police came and removed Chase due to “medical neglect”. Indeed his life had become a perverse sideshow for a number of self-serving anti-science conspiracy theorists. The so-called church was raided on December 1st last year.

Presently Chase is safe in hospital for at least another week, despite the abuse and harassment of hospital staff by his “supporters”.

Unfortunately regardless of where he is or whom he is with Chase will continue to be used as a proxy for the antivaccinationist conspiracy theorists. A poster boy for the proposed magic of cannabis.

His parents are blind to the abuse and suffering they have allowed to be forced upon him. They have been manipulated into believing Chase must not be treated by reliable medical means and are blind to the towering immorality of what they have allowed; ongoing, sustained and life threatening medical neglect.

Only the strictest of conditions and ongoing monitoring will suffice when he is released into his mother’s “care”.

• Upvote 1

update from andrew.katelaris facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.katelaris.1/posts/1549184408527924

Dear Friends and Supporters,

I write to express my gratitude for all those who offered assistance and support during my recent incarceration and to provide and update on the legal situation. I was originally arrested in June after

appearing on a television show administering cannabis extract to a sick child. I was detained for two days but then released on bail. In December the DPP made a detention application, to cancel 

my bail and arrest me because they had “upgraded” my charges. The Drugs Misuse and Trafficking Act has a schedule giving the quantity of each drug for personal, commercial or large commercial charges. The lawyers who drafted this schedule defined cannabis oil as any liquid containing THC and placed it above cannabis resin in seriousness. Despite the fact that the 8 litres of cannabis

infused olive oil I have been charged with contains about 4mg/ml and was formulated for very young patients it placed me in the “Mr Big” category and they demanded my immediate detention.

I was held for three days at Surry Hills, best described as a concrete madhouse, then taken heavily shackled in a locked phone booth size compartment to Parklea “Correctional Centre”.

Parklea is a maximum security private gaol operated by the CEO corporation, evidently a subsidiary of Haliburton. It is mainly a remand prison, holding people who are awaiting trial and it is

undergoing a major expansion program. The public purse provides CEO with $110,000 per year for each prisoner. They spend less than $8/day for food and recently expanded their capacity by 

bolting an extra bunk into the 5x3 metre concrete boxes to house three adults, a shower and open toilet. These cages lack access to natural light or air and remand prisoners are held in them for a minimum of 21 hours a day or longer. As collective punishment or due to staff shortages these “lock down” periods can go for days.

I was eventually released on heavy bail conditions after an appeal to the District Court and am awaiting a trial in November. Due to the scale of the charges my demand for a jury trial must be met and I hope to be running the country’s first successful medical necessity defence. Such defences have been tried previously before magistrates, who whilst they may personally sympathise, declare themselves as slaves to the law, rather than servants of justice and convict. Jury nullification of statute law is an ancient common law right which places “the people”, represented by the 12 jurors, above the parliament in that they can judge the law under which a person is charged and dismiss it if it does not serve the common good. The current police state political and legal systems have been attempting to suppress this right for several decades, but its validity remains. Obtaining a not guilty verdict for large scale growing and supply will set a precedent that will encourage any future jury to similarly acquit and facilitate a rapid expansion of cannabis supply for medical use, as compassionate growers can be more secure in their endeavours.

The turnBull government has sought kudus for their humanitarian act of legalising medical cannabis but in practice what they have done is exchange a legal prohibition for a medical prohibition, where ideologically driven medicos have restricted official access to cannabis to a few hundred patients at unconscionable expense. The only way to ensure an adequate, equitable supply at affordable cost is to have a three tier system of supply. The first tier is home growing, the second proxy growing and the third pharmaceutical production. Natural therapists need access to herbal cannabis. The medicos can try to peddle their more expensive and less effective preparations, but they cant hold a monopoly, after all we are meant to be a free enterprise country.

The second challenge is the criminal charge concerning the child who cannot be named. FACS and DOCS before them have been seizing children illegally for some time. I have been aware of this but last year when I witnessed such an act in person I was compelled to action and breached a non-publication order made by FACS. They first took myself and co-defendant Paul to the Supreme Court Equity Division where Reid J made the startling comment that it was immaterial whether a child was seized illegally, the suppression order stood. This opinion was stenously resisted. He was then replaced by Robb J, a somewhat more contemplative judge, who saw the dangers to free speech in making such an order and has prevaricated from making any orders at all. Evidently unhappy with this FACS has started a criminal prosecution in the district court.

As these charges carry a substantial prison sentence we have demanded a right to jury trial. The charge is not of simply releasing information, but the prosecution needs to establish that we recklessly released this information. I am completely confident we can convince a jury that our actions were considered, prudent, in the best interests of the child and a long way from reckless. In the process we will be attempting to “drain the swamp” and air some very dirty laundry concerning FACS and how it currently operates.

Thank you for your interest in these matters

Best wishes

Dr Andrew Katelaris

• Upvote 1