It’s on, never thought I would hear a politician speak these words.

A great speech. I have been following the LDP on FB and in my opinion they cannot be trusted. With this issue I believe they are using it to get more of them elected come the next Fed election. Was a great speech though and well thought out and presented, answered the questions well also. It is a pity I feel this way but I do.

Hey oodog,

According to the WA parliamentary Hansard his speech was made at 9.30am on 7th December 2017.

jack0brown,

He has suggested the legalisation of Canna. He used the example of Portugal where ALL drugs were decriminalised, in his belief in 2001, which is correct. Drug use in Portugal is considered a public health issue rather than a criminal issue. He stated that the rate of overdose from hard drugs had declined due to the change in drug policy in Portugal. He did not suggest WA decriminalise ALL drugs as the Portuguese have done.

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 4

hear the woman make a joke about a Portugal junket , otherwise known as

" i good excuse for a tax paid holiday ", sorry not holiday , fact finding mission 

should only need about 20 of them to fact find , 2 working , 18 partying like "it was" 1999

about 2 weeks of drugs & alcohol , oh i mean , fact finding & we should able to bring back 

solid sexual diseases , oh ah , solid usable information  

• Upvote 2

Hey oodog,

According to the WA parliamentary Hansard his speech was made at 9.30am on 7th December 2017.

jack0brown,

He has suggested the legalisation of Canna. He used the example of Portugal where ALL drugs were decriminalised, in his belief in 2001, which is correct. Drug use in Portugal is considered a public health issue rather than a criminal issue. He stated that the rate of overdose from hard drugs had declined due to the change in drug policy in Portugal. He did not suggest WA decriminalise ALL drugs as the Portuguese have done.

It sounded like to me they he wanted to Decriminalize all drugs plus legalise rec use of canna

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The idea of legalising ALL DRUGS has been around for many years

The argument around criminals = drugs and/or drugs = criminals has been around just as long (if not longer)

The example that was used, of Portugal, illustrates that the proliferation of drugs DOES NOT equate to an explosion of crime, which is what some pollies want us to believe.

So again using the Portuguese example; if proliferation of all drugs didn't not cause a social meltdown, how can the simple legalisation of cannabis be of such a concern?

Common sense should tell us it won't.

But our Federal Liberal Govt wants to support big business and you can't get much bigger than BIG pharma. This govt will only support it if the big pharmas get first bite of the pie. You only have to look at the rules and regulations around the altered medical access to canna legislation put forward by Malcolm Turnbull. It all has to be pharma grade concoctions. No green vegetable matter.

It all stinks of politics, whilst those of us who need it NOW, are made into criminals by the law.

• Upvote 4