True origins of strains thread.

No, true clone only strains wont grow seed no matter how much pollen you dump on them. They are sterile plants and the only way to propagate from them is by cloning.

How bizarre.

I knew a cultivar of the coca plant was propagated via cuttings only and I guess it makes sense, since all species have infertile specimens.

Stuff like this is driving me even more towards IBL or landraces.

After reading about many candidate strains I've decided that Dr Grinspoon by Barney's Farms will be what I would choose.

Unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere in the usual locations.

If anyone comes across any that is available on their usual seedbank or browsing of sites I would really appreciate a message to let me know.

After reading about many candidate strains I've decided that Dr Grinspoon by Barney's Farms will be what I would choose.

Unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere in the usual locations.

If anyone comes across any that is available on their usual seedbank or browsing of sites I would really appreciate a message to let me know.

Ace seeds, Original delicatessen and Cannabiogen, all have nice sativa's, seedsman stock them

If you can't find Dr Grinspoon

Edited by pedro de pacas
  • Upvote 1

Ace seeds, Original delicatessen and Cannabiogen, all have nice sativa's, seedsman stock them

If you can't find Dr Grinspoon

I'm really digging the Grinspoon story. I read about his activism in a book (where else right) and you can probably tell by the way I write that I'm a pretty bookish type of person, a thinker and the sativa high is definitely what I prefer.

I saw a pic of a cross of it here and I was instantly taken by it. It was quite literally speaking to me. So I'm pretty convinced it's what I want.

The other one that intrigues me is the Laughing Buddha that Barney's has. If there's anything I absolutely love about this wonderful plant is the rip roaring laughter that flows when you have this with close like minded friends.

Thank you for the heads up.

Was it you looking for landrace strains? If so check out the real seed company. Also Ace seeds has some mind bending African cultivars.

Yes a good Durban Poison or Malawi are definitely in future plans.

Yep when I get around to actual putting money down for seeds I'll be seeking landraces that breed true(ish) above hybrids I've decided.

Start with where it all started.