Confused about the nutes for outdoor...

Have I got this right, folks?

I'm in pots, outside, mushy compost, chook poo, organic potting soil, and organic compost. (All RICH  GRO except for the chook poo blend.)

SEASOL and GO GO JUICE for veg.

POWER FEED for flowering.

1/4 strength to begin with and build from there.

Or could I just use Yates All purpose for veg followed by Yates Bloom and Flower for flowering?

OR (again) with the soil mix I'm using, could I just rely on that to get my plants through?

Asking now as my seedlings are only a week old, if that.

Oh and when would you recommend beginning adding nutes?

Cheers, everyone.

TT.

Hey man,

You can definitely rely on soil just don't go planting straight into what your wanting to use, you'll burn and stunt your plants straight away!

Also if this is your first grow I wouldn't use any nutes, or have a plant to the side you can learn on,

I get my soil from Bunnings I've grown a monster plant without any nutes!

If your going to use chook poo, compost, even potting mix

You need to mix it all up leave it in the sun for at least a couple months before using!

Last year I used

Osmocote veg and herb (as my base)

Garden soil that's quality!

Mushroom compost

Perlite

I added urea,

Some potting mix

Left it all in the sun for a solid 3 months and kept it moist

That was all straight in the ground too!

But if your going to use pots get decent size ones, this year I'm trying some big 86L ones!

And definitely don't cheap out on soil you'll be kicking yourself later haha, I know you don't have much time to let your mix sit out but

Leave your seedlings in seedling mix For aslong as possible don't let it get root bound to much though!

Then move onto osmocote herb and veg add some perlite, Add dolomite lime if you want too! Add extra drainage holes

Give it a good watering every now and then until your baby's are ready to go in!

If you can do straight in the ground even better! You won't have to worry to much about over watering or under watering!

Keep it simple, it's all trail and error bro!

• Upvote 2

I'm in pots, outside, mushy compost, chook poo, organic potting soil, and organic compost. (All RICH GRO except for the chook poo blend.)

Or could I just use Yates All purpose for veg followed by Yates Bloom and Flower for flowering?

OR (again) with the soil mix I'm using, could I just rely on that to get my plants through?

Cheers, everyone.

TT.

People....you need a lesson ....

What do plants get there nutrients from?

What is the lowest available nutrient media?

Sand.

With all the nutrients you have in that mix .....you could grow and need nothing else but water .....don't overthink it ..

It is a weed.

You seem a bit confused between trying an organic grow and a added fert grow...based on additives ...

Just put them in the mix all store bought manure is allready aged ...just use water ...and you will have a better taste ...

And as for yates they are marketing whores

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Especially if it is your first grow

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

A the other guys are saying your mushy and choop shit is your food it is your nutrients u don't need the added hassle of using liquid fertalizers however say if u had an old veggie patch that had seen a few seasons it may be lacking food this is where hydroponic nutrient can be used u use it weak and it gives a huge boost to soil or soily clay mixes

i have dug up dirt out of the back yard and put that into pots and grown good plants it was very clay'ish but the big cracks in the clay allowed air into the roots i have pictures on here let me see..

here this was under fluroescent lights in clay soil from the back yard

post-2209-1134272659_thumb.jpg
post-2209-1134272757_thumb.jpg
post-2209-1134272844_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm in pots, outside, mushy compost, chook poo, organic potting soil, and organic compost. (All RICH  GRO except for the chook poo blend.)

Cheers, everyone.

TT.

I think your soil + seasol may be enough for veg period - then maybe start using half strength potash dilution when budding starts...or just chuck a bunch of banana peels in there

If they are going to stay in pots and not go in the ground i think the bigger the pot the better ... mine are 155L, 53cm high, 75cm diameter but that's probably overkill :D

I'm using a 150litre pot with a heap of good soil from Bunnings (mushroom comp, the better bags of soil and added some native soil and some coco, top dressed with castings ) I've had some clover planted over for winter and a good earth worm population, try Organic Gardening Solutions, Australian company doing some awesome organic practices specially there fertiliser which isn't a high NPK mix as such but has a lot of beneficial for the plants them self . I'm predicting a 5 lb this year as long as the chinhooks don't find it :(

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners