Wilma 4 pot system advice

The pots in the system are 18 ltr. I may upgrade the pump as bought two feeder rings from the hydro shop and some pipe and t peices. I am going to use 2 pots with cocoperlite/ clay balls and 2 with strictly clay balls. The clay ball pots will use the feeder rings the Coco pots will use the blended mix with 2 drippers in each pot.

Next problem will be should I use hydro nutes or Coco specific nutes. Pretty r sure both should be ok.

Edited by Homebrewer

Yeah You and I have the knowledge to build a diy set up Hashy but most new people to the scene are looking for pre-built systems, I actually think its a nice little set up if growing from clones or growing small auto's, i can see the water change being a pain tho but u can just dunk a aquarium pump in there with 2 foot of hose and pump it strait out into a bucket i have done this with DWC that had a main tub in one location and it worked great

Chillers are good from what i have read i haven't used mine yet but to make it worthwhile using a chiller u must pull at lease half a lb for your troubles in buying one and running it, mine is power hungry uses something like 300watts which is fucking pretty crazy for something that just cools water it also kicks on and off a lot for only 15 litres of water mine turned on for about 2mins and shut off for 7-8mins so getting the right size chiller for your setup would be ideal power wise (mine does 280 litres my res held 15 litres) it was the only one i could find second hand

Yep, what he said.

Have a look at your current system and how all the parts of it work etc, and also have a look at other hydro setups people use and try and understand how all the parts of them work.  Then have a look at your grow room, requirements, and restrictions, and plan out a system that works for you.  If you can buy something pre fab that suits, great, if not, save yourself some money and build one to suit.  Bunnings sell stuff like pond pumps, poly tube and fiitings etc, but they don't sell outlet/inlet fittings so I get them from hydro shops.  They used to sell Tuffman storage tubs which are made of plastic that doesn't go brittle and crack when drilled etc, but stopped stocking them, so if you want to use tubs be sure to find some with that thicker more flexible black plastic.  Pet shops are a good place to get water heaters, and some aquarium pumps are also good for hydro.  Plenty of options out there, you just need to figure out how you want to grow and what setup will facilitate that first.

• Upvote 1

Med, The Wilma is more of a SOG style meaning u take clones, root them, than give them up to 1 week veg than flower, if u want to upgrade u need an idea of what u want to upgrade to weather that be SOG or less numbers on a bigger scale SCROG or Crusty Bucket Style, Lots of systems and ways out there

I know exactly what u mean mate, I'll be upgrading for sure next grow, I'm up to 1 weeks veg and just starting to train the branches, I plan to veg for a lot of weeks, as there is not much room on the inside of this system I'll be growing them outwards and I'm going to SOG it.

This grow the plants are very close together but I don't see why i cannot veg them for a long period before I turn them, I plan to keep rite on top of training them in the Wilma.

Edited by medicalgrower

Med your system is only for clones mate if u plant seedlings in it they'll take over as they don't mature for 3-6 weeks so in that time they just veg and veg.... where as the system u have is based around starting with clones if u veg a clone for 1 week than flower u would be lucky to end up with a plant over 40cm tall that is why its called SOG (sea of green buds) lol and this is why your pots are close together, in a SOG system its mostly good for the main single colar or maybe a few tiny side branches but basically thats it its a commercial system but your 4 pot is a mini version the commercial guys do hundreds of these in one go but risk are involved