Growing in soil under a 450w led light

Hey guys this is my first post and pretty much my first attempt at growing, and I have only the internet to guide me. I'm only growing 1 maybe 2 max plants.

I live in broome w.a and I have my grow cabinet set up and running nice at 27-31c which is a big double door fridge with the center wall cut out to make one big room and all venting etc.

My main reason for this post is im in need of help when it comes to soil and what nutrients to be buying.

I have read many different guides online but everyone seems to have a different view on how to grow and what products to use.

Now the soil I was able to find at Bunning' s was Bailey's premium potting a bag of blood and bone and some of perlite, I know it's probably not what I need, thats why I'm here [emoji12]

Overall I'm looking for a experienced person that would be able to give a few tips for a complete beginner in Australia, as all the guides i see involve potting mixes and ferts that I can not get my hands on and are usually about hydroponics using things other then soil.

Also I'm on s pretty tight budget as I have blown the budget already on making the grow box.

Thank you guys so much!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey guys this is my first post and pretty much my first attempt at growing, and I have only the internet to guide me. I'm only growing 1 maybe 2 max plants.

I live in broome w.a and I have my grow cabinet set up and running nice at 27-31c which is a big double door fridge with the center wall cut out to make one big room and all venting etc.

My main reason for this post is im in need of help when it comes to soil and what nutrients to be buying.

I have read many different guides online but everyone seems to have a different view on how to grow and what products to use.

Now the soil I was able to find at Bunning' s was Bailey's premium potting a bag of blood and bone and some of perlite, I know it's probably not what I need, thats why I'm here [emoji12]

Overall I'm looking for a experienced person that would be able to give a few tips for a complete beginner in Australia, as all the guides i see involve potting mixes and ferts that I can not get my hands on and are usually about hydroponics using things other then soil.

Also I'm on s pretty tight budget as I have blown the budget already on making the grow box.

Thank you guys so much!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

This is my soil grow mate dont let people tell you soil crap because it's not. 2587993beae715ea2bf6a95a638f269b.jpg message me Edited by Riverinaboy
  • Upvote 1

I'm really interested in hearing more as this is exactly what I want to do. I'm starting my own compost bin again. Have access to cow manure and possibly chook (if I ask my neighbour) and even been researching diluted urine as fertiliser and I'm keen try try it but I'd love to see what others have done. I've used soil briefly and hydro in the past with mixed results but this time I really want to go organic and see what I can do. I know people will say why bother but it's a hobby I guess. Why bother with any hobby! At least this o e has a huge reward at the end.

I'm really interested in hearing more as this is exactly what I want to do. I'm starting my own compost bin again. Have access to cow manure and possibly chook (if I ask my neighbour) and even been researching diluted urine as fertiliser and I'm keen try try it but I'd love to see what others have done. I've used soil briefly and hydro in the past with mixed results but this time I really want to go organic and see what I can do. I know people will say why bother but it's a hobby I guess. Why bother with any hobby! At least this o e has a huge reward at the end.

Just start you own thread you will get a answer..