I use PPM as I think it's a lot more accurate than EC, either way it's pretty simple, most PPM conversions to EC are on the 0.5 scale so 250ppm = 0.5EC, 500ppm = 1.0 EC.

It's pretty simple, as hashy said if the TDS of your run off is higher than what you are putting in, you got a build up in your media, and or plants are using more water than nutes, and could use a flush. If the TDS of the run off is lower than what you're putting in, then you can up the nute strength. I don't know why people say not to check this, it's very useful information to have, I check the run off TDS all the time, rarely bother checking run off pH in my coco run to waste setup.

In my current grow I let my PPM get as high as 950-1000 during weekds 4-5 while adding PK but mostly maintained it around 800 which is 1.6 EC.

Hope this helps.

Seedsman reckons 80-88 days seed to harvest,i'm at about 72

Do you think i should just be flushing for last cpl wks.?

And if so is there a better way of doing it

Also any idea what this black outline on leaves?

only seems to be one plant, Thinking some kinda heat issue

attachicon.gifDSCF0046.JPG

The darkness on the edges of your leaves look like they're from cold temps ,not heat.

If your getting cold nights it will probably darken up more or get some colour ( not green ) in them .

When was that photo taken ?

And seed to harvest 80-88 days means a short veg and more siuted to Sog with many small plants.

What's the strain ?

How long did you veg for?

What are you spraying it with - ?

Few questions because that plant looks nowhere near ready let alone final flushing.

• Upvote 1

Yeah its an auto,white widow from seedsman

Getting a few cold nights here on gold coast but would'nt all plants be affected

Plants were stunted when younger thanks to me being a nonghead and help from friendly local gnat pop[ulation

Started flowering when only 20 days and only realized feeding it way under what i should.

Got the whole worm microbe thing going on with molassis. PPMs are only 420-450 loaded up.

Had a heap of dark brown hairs that have all gone. Worried might have missed harvest window but surely with 2 wks to go that cant happen  (can it?)

Try and get close-up for you but pretty hopeless camera

I'm no good for advice on autos ,,but I've noticed they usually take longer to finish than stated time.

Some plants are effected more than others by colder temps even from the same strain .

Yours is only slightly showing it .i wouldn't worry about it either .i deliberately took the heater from my last grow ( towards the end of it )

just to get some colours .all were effected differently. Even from same strains

And being in a warmer climate your plants might not get much more colour change.

Yeah its an auto,white widow from seedsman

Getting a few cold nights here on gold coast but would'nt all plants be affected

Plants were stunted when younger thanks to me being a nonghead and help from friendly local gnat pop[ulation

Started flowering when only 20 days and only realized feeding it way under what i should.

Got the whole worm microbe thing going on with molassis. PPMs are only 420-450 loaded up.

Had a heap of dark brown hairs that have all gone. Worried might have missed harvest window but surely with 2 wks to go that cant happen  (can it?)

Try and get close-up for you but pretty hopeless camera

Thanks 4 input brother,no one to blame cept me

Had them in way 2 small pots 2 start with and paying that price now with bonzai collection.

If anyone wants to know how not to give pot a good start, come to bobs place

Come on down when you feel like shit and wonder if its all worth while, bobs plants will make your plants look amazing

If you think your doin it wrong or something dont look right,

come on down to bobs and see what it really looks like to fuk up

Sorry people, on a bit of a downward spiral

its all good   (just not here)

Autos are not so easy a grow , I'd suggest next time using photoperiod seeds and keeping things simple with just base nutes

and simple medium, ,,,less chance of heartache and headaches.

And I'll add better potential yieldwise,,,,get it down pat then play around with extras.

My two bobs worth.

Sorry to the auto growers ,,I'm just not a fan of them.

• Upvote 1

I agree with autos not having a great track record with setbacks in veg time and ppl say dont do anything thats gonna slow em,topping & pruning ect

But the benefits of doing this can be weighed against detramonial effects by extra tops means chance of budrot and mould issues being spread over

smaller bud sites and nuggs not being humungus. and so compact

Also with a little LST,all these extra colas can be exposed to light thus better chance of better yield.

If done carefully and at right time you can top autos and even re-potting them is not major issue.

The major plus i reckon is no need to panic bout light leaks and their genetic structure with rudalis or lowryder phenos  makes them top of class in

significant disease reduction.

Anyhoo +1 for autos