When to start growing in NSW?

When to start growing hey... so many factors and variables.  

Are you growing indicas or sat dom?

Are you growing in the ground or in pots?

And the really big factor, how much water will the plants have access to?

I don't believe it's necessary to start early indoors in Spring unless you are trying to grow TREES.  

As an example from a couple years ago... I am in Vic and I planted a sativa dominant seed (Sannies Sugar Punch) on 2nd December

this was it on 30th December (4 weeks later)   med_gallery_51352_1514_470550.jpg

and this was it on 13th April, a monster well over 2m tall and 3m in diameter in spite of massive training to try and keep it low.  med_gallery_51352_1514_978824.jpg

The previous year I had planted in late Spring (September and October) and my plants had gotten too big so I deliberately planted later to try and keep them small but I was looking for quality so put a lot of effort into them and they turned out even bigger!!  The major factor in the size of the plants was the amount of water they got.  The previous year I hand watered, the year they got huge they had unlimited irrigation.

Good luck with your grow and share your progress with us, love a good outdoor diary.   :thumbsup:

• Upvote 2

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early.  Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors.  If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

• Upvote 1

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early. Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors. If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

Cheers man..

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early. Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors. If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

Spot on, I start in with sativa July and mix natural and artificial 24hrs till late September then out doors full time ,mine begin to flower but revert back to veg quite fast and buy march/April monters,here in qld I find indica dominant strains to much hassle outdoors in the hotter humid months.