• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

When to start growing in NSW?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

KrippLedKritteR

KrippLedKritteR

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Just curious at exactly what time others in nsw plan on starting their crops? Id like to start mine of indoors abit earlier then move em outside.. but just curious whens a good time to start??

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by KrippLedKritteR, 02 August 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14564 Posts:
spring

skippydamo

skippydamo

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
Outside - Seed on Father's Day, harvest on Mothers Day.
Inside - Try and avoid growing inside during the hotter months unless you have an adequate cooling/ventilation setup to deal with potential high temps

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

phenix

phenix

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 Posts:
  • Interests:growing and smoking
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

When to start growing hey... so many factors and variables.  

Are you growing indicas or sat dom?

Are you growing in the ground or in pots?

And the really big factor, how much water will the plants have access to?

I don't believe it's necessary to start early indoors in Spring unless you are trying to grow TREES.  

As an example from a couple years ago... I am in Vic and I planted a sativa dominant seed (Sannies Sugar Punch) on 2nd December

this was it on 30th December (4 weeks later)   med_gallery_51352_1514_470550.jpg

and this was it on 13th April, a monster well over 2m tall and 3m in diameter in spite of massive training to try and keep it low.  med_gallery_51352_1514_978824.jpg

The previous year I had planted in late Spring (September and October) and my plants had gotten too big so I deliberately planted later to try and keep them small but I was looking for quality so put a lot of effort into them and they turned out even bigger!!  The major factor in the size of the plants was the amount of water they got.  The previous year I hand watered, the year they got huge they had unlimited irrigation.

Good luck with your grow and share your progress with us, love a good outdoor diary.   :thumbsup:

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.” – Bill Hicks

2017 Grow Diary https://cannabis.com...-and-spectrums/

Sir PsychoHashy

Sir PsychoHashy

Feeding the Hash Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3841 Posts:
  • Interests:Fishing & Fornicating, and titties
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early.  Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors.  If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain
"Not necessarily stoned, but ah beautiful" - Jimi Hendrix
"A long, long, long, long time ago, Before the wind, before the snow, Lived a man, lived a man I know, Lived a freak of nature named Sir Psycho." - RHCP

2012-2013 Outdoor grow - https://cannabis.com...tempt-nsw-aust/
2013-2014 Indoor/Outdoor grow - https://cannabis.com...indoor-outdoor/
2014-2015 Indoor/Outdoor grow - https://cannabis.com...ome-bean-trees/
2016 Indoor grow - https://cannabis.com...temple-of-hash/

KrippLedKritteR

KrippLedKritteR

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 Posts:

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early. Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors. If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

Cheers man..

KrippLedKritteR

KrippLedKritteR

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 Posts:

Cheers man..

Ill try the 14/10 inside till i move em out in sep-oct

Mcbuddin

Mcbuddin

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Sunolla

I've found starting earlier than October that some plants will start to go into flower early. Particularly with clones, and plants started off under 18/6 indoors. If you start them at home, leave it till late September, and run your lights on 14/10 or 15/9 at the most, and wait until the hours of sunlight roughly match before putting outside, especially with indica dominant strains.

Mcbuddin

Mcbuddin

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Sunolla
Spot on, I start in with sativa July and mix natural and artificial 24hrs till late September then out doors full time ,mine begin to flower but revert back to veg quite fast and buy march/April monters,here in qld I find indica dominant strains to much hassle outdoors in the hotter humid months.

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.