Seedlings not growing?

I grow flood and drain with clay balls, so I plant the sprouts in it while flooded so the balls move around easier, but done with enough care and patience they should be okay.  They should survive, and if they do they'll bounce back and should still do well.  1st one I had with this problem still produced quite well,

I believe (but don't know) that auto's have weaker roots than photo's, or something like that, and something about the density of rockwool just holds them back too much.  Whatever it is it's not a one off for me, so I just don't risk it anymore.  Never been a problem with photo germinations though.

You can clone auto's, but most think it's pointless.  I intend to do it one day for something to force for fem pollen.   But there are some out there who reckon it's a way to get bigger auto plants, I think the theory is that the flowering hormone onset process is reset by the cut going through the rooting process, and starting from a cutting with a couple of nodes and solar panels vs a fresh sprout leads to a bigger plant by the time flowering begins.  Haven't looked closely at it yet, let alone tried it, but it might be true.  Though I reckon getting the timing right for taking the cuts would be tricky to say the least, and I wouldn't recommend mucking around with it unless you are an experienced auto grower.

:peace:

I grow flood and drain with clay balls, so I plant the sprouts in it while flooded so the balls move around easier, but done with enough care and patience they should be okay.  They should survive, and if they do they'll bounce back and should still do well.  1st one I had with this problem still produced quite well,

I believe (but don't know) that auto's have weaker roots than photo's, or something like that, and something about the density of rockwool just holds them back too much.  Whatever it is it's not a one off for me, so I just don't risk it anymore.  Never been a problem with photo germinations though.

You can clone auto's, but most think it's pointless.  I intend to do it one day for something to force for fem pollen.   But there are some out there who reckon it's a way to get bigger auto plants, I think the theory is that the flowering hormone onset process is reset by the cut going through the rooting process, and starting from a cutting with a couple of nodes and solar panels vs a fresh sprout leads to a bigger plant by the time flowering begins.  Haven't looked closely at it yet, let alone tried it, but it might be true.  Though I reckon getting the timing right for taking the cuts would be tricky to say the least, and I wouldn't recommend mucking around with it unless you are an experienced auto grower.

:peace:

Do you do feed intervals or just continous feed? I really would like to adapt to this style of growing. Before i just felt like i was growing plants indoors but this feels like true hydro. If one lives ill leave the cloning but if 2 live i might try and take cuttings from 1 in early stages. I know its life cycle will be shorter but its a kush crossed with an auto im hoping its not got full auto genetics. So its worth a shot.

15 minutes every 2 hrs, but you can get away with every 4 hrs in cooler weather.  The flood pushes stale air out, and the drain sucks fresh oxygen into the root zone.  I find it seems to work a little better than top feeding recirculation, but there's not a lot in it.

If you take clones, take pics of the process and how well it goes and share it with us please.

15 minutes every 2 hrs, but you can get away with every 4 hrs in cooler weather.  The flood pushes stale air out, and the drain sucks fresh oxygen into the root zone.  I find it seems to work a little better than top feeding recirculation, but there's not a lot in it.

If you take clones, take pics of the process and how well it goes and share it with us please.

Will do mate.