Auto flower question

that might be why I have such a shitty opinion of autos. I've generally only ever chucked them in when I have a bit of spare space and then treat them like the photo plants they're in with. Probably not the best way to judge them :D (disclaimer: the one auto I've treated semi-properly was shit too - dodgy genetics, weak plant with terrible yield and headache inducing buds - makes me think the ruderalis genes were a wee bit strong in the pheno I had. It was a Blueberry Headband Auto from Emerald Triangle Seeds - perhaps avoid that one, utter shite)

Auto's need to be treated differently to photo's in order to get decent production out of them, and are even more difficult outdoors.  It's not just light hours and intensity, but that does have a big impact on yield.  My outdoor auto's can get to a decent size, but they still don't produce the same weight as the same strain indoors, and that's mainly down to lighting, it's like the extra hrs of light enable the plant to keep on producing flowers whilst their outdoor comparison would be shutting down for the night.  I'm lucky to get 1.5 oz per plant outside, but generally at least double that indoors, sometimes quadruple, and the most noticeable difference is bud density.  Strain can also make a big difference.

• Upvote 1