Anybody else used urea (nitrogen) from Bunnings

Hey guys new here,

Not sure if anybody has posted about this.

Anyway last year I did an outdoor grow and thought I'd try the urea as my nitrogen source

Ended up chucking a 4kg bag to roughly 1 - 2 tons of soil.

Had it sitting for around 3 months the soil legit smelt like diesel or something.

Also had mushroom compost, organic soil, blood & bone. Coco. Perlite

I thought this soil would of killed my baby's.

Obviously was wrong the plant was a monster 3 pounder did a shit load of tying down also lol

anybody else had a success like this or did I just get super lucky haha.

• Upvote 1

Im sure I just got super lucky adding a whole 4kg bag in my mix and having no problems haha.

I'm worried about doing it again this year and everything going to shit, it's definitely some strong shit.

my mix smelt like petrol and was super hot! That can't be good surely. Wasnt as strong after a solid 3 months of sitting but still unbelievable there wasn't any burn, after planting I did nothing left her alone just water every now an then,

Im sure I just got super lucky adding a whole 4kg bag in my mix and having no problems haha.

What probably worked in it's favour is that the urea was in the ground for some time, it breaks down fairrly quickly which is why it works great to give plant/s a quick short boost.