Check PH of runoff In Coco?

Hi guys,

Using nutrifield Coco 70/30 perlite, with canna nutes. Just wanted to see what people's opinions are on checking the pH of runoff. I've heard mixed comments from my research online just wanted to see what you guys thought. Only reason I ask is because I'm feeding at 6.1/6.0 and my runoff is 5.4/5.3. is this normal, or is it pointless in checking Coco runoff?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You could either feed them water for a few days PH 6.5 and then check run off..... or you could PH Adjust the nutrient feeds to 6.4 and drop the ec of feeds and continue feeding them the solution for a week, then check run off..... runoff should be above 5.5... The ec of your nutrient solution is a little too high. Edited by _Puff_Tough_

What are you running your ec at you could lower your ec a little and leach ph water threw your pots till a good ph is coming out , also make sure you have 20% run off when you water your plants, if you think skimping on run off will save you money all it will do is effect the health of your plants and reduce yield.. yes checking ph of the run off is just as important as checking what your ph of what your putting in, also how you deal with the ph shift is also important, do not adjust the ph going in leech the pots with ph water till the run off is where you want it, you may need to put more than 20 lts threw each pot

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

What are you running your ec at you could lower your ec a little and leach ph water threw your pots till a good ph is coming out , also make sure you have 20% run off when you water your plants, if you think skimping on run off will save you money all it will do is effect the health of your plants and reduce yield.. yes checking ph of the run off is just as important as checking what your ph of what your putting in, also how you deal with the ph shift is also important, do not adjust the ph going in leech the pots with ph water till the run off is where you want it, you may need to put more than 20 lts threw each pot

Cheers mate, sorry what do u mean by leech?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Just PH some water, don't put any nutrients in the water, just straight PH ed water, then run that water threw your pot till your desired pH comes out , the reason I ask about your ec is that if you push coco with high ec the salt builds up quiet fast but at 1.2 ec is not high, it is best to have 20% run of of the nutes you feed them to stop the salt build up, so if you feed your pot 1tr of nutes you want approximately 200ml coming out the bottom of your pot that helps wash away the build up of salt , I have 20% run off and still leach my pots every 2 weeks with PHed water also having a plant in a pot that is to big for it can also have a detrimental effect on the speed that salt builds up in the medium, I transplant my plants 3 times , I start in a 2 ltr pot then when I have roots visible in drain holes I put them into 12 ltr pots then same I go to 35 ltr pot then when roots show I flip them.