Medical cannabis question

GREENQUEEN

Question

I've been wanting to ask this question for a few days so here goes,medical cannabis is very new to me I must have been living under a rock for past twenty years or so because I was unaware that medical cannabis could be of use for so many conditions despite being a long time smoker,over the last few weeks I've been doing so much research in a quest to help my young daughter who suffers from severe epilepsy but a couple of days ago I came across a few articles about treating prostate cancer with rso,we have been living with prostate cancer for five years but sadly last year we were told after having an MRI that we could go no longer go without treatment as there was a tumour starting to bulge out of the prostate and as it was still contained we had a few treatment option's, we decided go with a radical prostatectomy and were told that there would no longer be a psa reading as there will no longer be a prostate, how ever we opted for nerve sparing surgery which may have left some small amounts of affected tissue's as we are still getting a very minute psa reading when we had been told prior there should zero reading,this really concerns me as I don't trust anybody let alone these money hungry doctors that change there minds like the weather,my husband wishes he never had this surgery but it is to late now,he suffers severe ED and incontinence and bad depression plus anger,nerve sparing surgery seems to of been a waste of time at the present time after almost 12 months recovery and none of the ED medicines except injection therapy work which he hates as it causes him a great deal of pain,we feel that we have exhausted all options available so my question is has anybody heard of using rso for rehabilitation after such a surgery with any successes at all?or could it be useful to prevent any further spread of this terrible disease which is my biggest concern?or maybe at least treat his depression?I feel like I've hit a wall as far as my research goes and would greatly appreciate any useful information or to hear from anybody that has dealt with any of these problems,i know this is not one of the usual topic's and it can be a hard thing to talk about but I'm at my wits end and feel so helpless my husband is only54 and his quality of life has been reduced significantly and he can't imagine living the rest of his life like this,is there any hope or am I just grappling at straw's, thanks everybody oh and by the way now is probably a great time to mention if your male and over 50 you should be aware of prostate cancer and get tested if your have any problems at all with your male organs get tested asap even if your under 50 IMO as was the case with my husband, it may save your life,thanks for reading people's and please feel free to private msg if you are more comfortable with that as I realise its a very personal topic,thank you
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for your reply cardrona but for what ever reason the os site will not let me access any links through this site,could you let me know what the info is or a site to go to and maybe I can google it or something,sorry bout that I'm not a computer person at all I'm still learning everything and its very frustrating

Thanks for your reply cardrona but for what ever reason the os site will not let me access any links through this site,could you let me know what the info is or a site to go to and maybe I can google it or something,sorry bout that I'm not a computer person at all I'm still learning everything and its very frustrating

His reply looks to be an entry from a medical journal. Try right clicking and selecting 'copy URL' or 'copy link' and then paste it as a new web address in your browser or into google.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I wish I could offer some advice. Best of luck.

I've been trying for hours to try and get on that link I tried all sorts of things was just about to smash the phone in frustration when finally I DID IT I got through to the link,yay lol anyway thanks hydro and cardrona its very interesting I might have to read it couple of times to get my head around it but its a start, much appreciated thanks guys
  • Upvote 2

G'day GREENQUEEN,

Sorry to hear of the medical treadmill your husband has been forced onto. Surely the growth of his cancer should had been dealt with well before this but I think if you can get to use oral cannabis it will surely ameliorate the symptons and the hope for the miracle cure.

I was diagnosed  with prostate cancer two and a half years ago and opted for the radiotherapy treatment which is a meditech sort of thing where they shoot lightning bolts into your nether regions.  The docs claim a result of sorts in that the poor old prostate ain't what it used be and my latest PSA still shows no lurking in the corners.-  

As your research may have revealed, the main danger of prostate cancer is the shedding of cancer cells to other parts of the body like the bones or other organs. A cancer so logged elsewhere has the prostate specific antigen as evidence of sneaky hide outs - if its close to zero no worries, so don't worry about that non-zero PSA - my latest was 0.08.

My response to this has been, as a lifelong toker, (never a bonger..) to construct a DIY alcohol apparatus (still) to make an easy-peasy home-grown cannabis tincture that's refined to a sort of liquid hash of which I partake twice a day with a few morning drops in water and with a few more with a beer in the evening to replace the toke. A friend who has prostate related bone cancer is using a similar method.

ps I'm 67 and I've hung around here for years absorbing the flutters of wisdom eminating from the curls of smoke and have rarely, if ever, commented.. But I have more info if you want.

• Upvote 2

G,day Eldred I just read your message 4times,thank you Eldred so so much for replying it means more to me than you may realise,I'm actually quite emotional in response to your message.Eldred would it be ok if I send you a private message tomorrow as I do have a few other questions I'd like to ask you but I'd just like to gather my thoughts after a very stressful day and speak to you with a clear mind,I hope that's ok with you.

Thank you for going out of your comfort zone to reply to me and for trying to help me

PS your kindness brought a tear to my eyes and that's does not happen very often either, I've been through a lot and I'm usually a bit harder than that,hope to speak with you tomorrow, goodnight

Morning GREENQUEEN!

Cannabis is Cannabis is Cannabis, and by that I mean that ALL use is therapeutic (even though most do not realise this)! There's a whole section on Prostate Cancer over at Granny Storm Crow's List, a great resource on all things Cannabis and medicine! 

Also you might avail yourself of the knowledge of decades shared by a few great healers on some Facebook groups, the MCUA (Medical Cannabis Users Association of Australia, it's a public group) is a good place to start, ask your question there and you may well get some really good 'local' information and links to other groups with more detailed information.

A gentleman in California (lovely man), Dennis Hill, cured his aggressive Stage 4 Prostate Cancer and does a great job of putting it all into plain english (he's a retired biochemist, alive and well and still living happily in California, US).

As far as the Epilepsy goes, excellent article on DIY for treating paediatric seizures in particular from a great healer well known to Oz Stoners and sadly missed.

Hope some of this helps!

Namaste  :good:

• Upvote 2