Curing temps

I was once told it must be a dark place as well. Never asked why but have always continued it that way, as little light as possible. I also was told a method by said old mate that you could pack a metal milo tin with freshly picked, puncture some holes and place it in a freezer, covering it in and around on the outside with dry ice. Pulls all the moisture out.

Meant to keep the smell and potency the best possible. Never got round to giving it a shot.

I was once told it must be a dark place as well. Never asked why but have always continued it that way, as little light as possible. I also was told a method by said old mate that you could pack a metal milo tin with freshly picked, puncture some holes and place it in a freezer, covering it in and around on the outside with dry ice. Pulls all the moisture out.

Meant to keep the smell and potency the best possible. Never got round to giving it a shot.

yeah rake dark for sure , light degrades 

the cold is what many outdoor guys go by once ready to harvest

they wait for a pretty cold night & harvest B4 sun up or as close to

i think you mean drying , curing is after drying & into storage  

drying temps is all about keeping plant terps , humidity is speed of dry 

how quick the moisture leaves the plant 

on some strains temps over 21c can loose terps but not all strains 

the main temp to work with & the point at which you loose most terps is 26.6.......c

keeping temps under 26c will keep most if not all the smell intact 

humidity is best kept below 50% , the dryer the air the faster she drys 

anything above 50% slows the process but anything to low 10-20% can quick dry bud

i like 35-45% & have used a dehu last time round 

what can be a pain is you dry for a week at consistent 40% outdoor humidity 

rain comes in , humidity jumps to 100% & like the sponge canna is , it's wet again 

& you now have longer to wait plus i personally think the in & out of moisture in a drying 

plant detracts from the final product , can't quite quantify what that is though 

adding a blow heater or fan is not good , drys the outside while inside is still wet 

if heating is needed use an oil heater which is more of a gradual gentle heat & no fan

air movement via exhaust is good IMO as long as it's lite & not full on 

hashy's tip for testing if bud is dry enough is to put a bud in a zip lock , seal , put away for a hour or so

come back & see if the bud feels wet , the plastic bag will draw the moisture out of the center of the 

bud telling you , not ready yet , 

ps i think it's hashy's tip sorry if it's not 

lol, a lot of fucking hoo-haa, you want to listen for the *snap* when you try to break a stem..... if it doesnt snap it has to much moisture. Also try using boveda humidipacs..