Epilepsy - Tonic Clonic / Grand Mal

somedark

Question

Great to have discovered this forum. I must say swim a while ago surprised me that there is not only no medical trials for adults but all the legislation and push for legalisation of medial cannabis is surrounding children.

Yes I am a first time poster. I just am at a loss as to why this is the case when its proven to have an affect on controlling even the worst forms in adults just with smoking (youtube videos prove this). Why all the emphasis on kids? Is it a hearts and minds approach first to get legalisation through faster?

I live in SA and do no even know a single person who can get their hands on any outdoors otherwise I would be making oils for them to try rather than the 4 different medications that are destroying their body and mind.

Has anyone got any links to journals or studies on cannabis, smoked or oils that for adults (18yrs+), is this something to do with over developed brains?

My neuro in Adelaide is running a trial on adult Epilepsy using a synthetic, CBD ointment that is administered by rubbing on the upper arm.

We have discussed cannabis for adults with seizures, but as has been said, the only real evidence is children with Dravits Syndrome so he cannot professionally recomend cannabis use for treating seizures in adults with epilepsy. I don't stand by his of professional stance and he is okay with that:)

I did broach the subject of the CBD trial he is running but naturally his lips are sealed.

That trial has gone into open label, meaning that every one that's involved is receiving the full dose of cbd ointment. It started off with a placebo, low dose and high dose and you are given a seizure diary to fill out without knowing what dose you are on.

I am involved in the trial myself and the Dr's are tight-lipped about it because it's not over and need to accumulate all the data in regards to the seizure diaries.

I have asked how it's going and the answer you get is 'it works on some and does nothing on others'.

I am one of the lucky ones considering it doesn't have any effect on some people, and what it has done no medicine has been able to achieve in the past twenty years.

I am currently still taking it and it has my full support.

.. Boj..

Edited by Boj

Hi all, so SWIM knows the right doctors in Adelaide and is more than qualified to participate in this trial yet has not been approached? I find that VERY strange as I cannot imagine there being enough people here in the state that suffer from this condition of a severe nature, are adults of perfect age and would be willing to participate?? Must be a small cohort of participants? I might be wrong sorry, good so see progress in this area.