Do it Your Self LED Grow Lights

It all depends on how much u want to drive the LED's there is a guy on Youtube driving hes to 50watts per chip times 5 chips per m2 he has air cooled heat sinks

mine are fan cooled heat sinks with the same chips so i can power mine to 100watts each chip, u would only need 4 chips per m2 i would imagine just power them a little higher or have them in a tent 90x90cm or 1x1m the reflection helps a ton

Been running the COB's for 20 or so and one is now faulty the actual problem is the IceLED Fan this particular one has slowed down and was making a bearing noise now it is making a screeching noise so i need to jerry rig sometime fast before i blow the expensive COB or at worse cause a fire

going to piss the original fan off and install a 120mm fan over the top of my frame i hope it works

these LED COB kit lights come with 5 years warranty but whats the point sending it back if u need it fixed today...

can you swap it out for a high quality computer fan? 

didn't see this thread before but i've been doing some reading on DIY LED vs pre-built, as I'm looking at upping my game next grow in every way bigger tent, more lights etc. and not sure if i should get more pre-made or try a DIY

I wouldn't mind a mix of purple and white 3000-4000k etc. 

watching with interest

can you swap it out for a high quality computer fan? 

didn't see this thread before but i've been doing some reading on DIY LED vs pre-built, as I'm looking at upping my game next grow in every way bigger tent, more lights etc. and not sure if i should get more pre-made or try a DIY

I wouldn't mind a mix of purple and white 3000-4000k etc. 

watching with interest

High quality is Sunon Fans i can't afford one just right now so I'm just going to use a basic 120mm computer fan i will just zip tie it to the top of the original fan, my plan was after this run to either go with 3-4 DIY COB's or switch over and try Mars Hydro II 400 x two in my tent, i will wait and see how good the CREE CXB3590 yield first

if i do another run with the CREE CXB3590 COB's and i run 3-4 i will make a new designed lamp holder i have half a sheet of 4mm aluminium in the shed which i think would make a great heat sink just need to run 3-4 small 120x120mm heat sinks over the COB's with one fan to each heat sink, the fans will all be 100-120mm Sunon Fans

so far i am happy with the COB's of choice growth is quicker than what i have gotten under HPS although it could just be the strain and the heat output is nothing at all but the only shit thing with LED's are its more efficient for the cooling fans to blow over the heat sinks rather than suck thru the heat sinks so for my light the fans sit right above the COB and blow directly down on my plants this i do not like

the new version the air will be blowing out to the sides if i go that option

post-2209-0-60788700-1488442075_thumb.jpg

Seeds Sown: 16/02/2017

Strain: Sweet Seeds, Auto Red Poison

Light hours: 20/4

Food: Canna Coco, 1/4th strength from week 1

Additives: Seasol 1/4th strength from week 1 (every watering)

PH Down: Apple Cider Vinegar

End of week 1

post-2209-0-98334700-1488441653_thumb.jpg

post-2209-0-42570000-1488441704_thumb.jpg

post-2209-0-84900300-1488441740_thumb.jpg

Light Hours: 20/4

Food Canna: Coco

Additives: Seasol 1/4th strength (every watering)

End of week 2

post-2209-0-35051600-1488441930_thumb.jpg

post-2209-0-22217500-1488441948_thumb.jpg

post-2209-0-29237300-1488441970_thumb.jpg

I don't know why the quick growth spurt, could be the LED lighting, could be the Seasol, could be the genetics