Flushing plants

Chefgate

Question

Hi everyone just wonder if any one has heard or tried the flushing of plants before harvest . I read that this improves the final crop and smoke and especially in coco coir any comments please

Any indoor grow IMO need to be flushed, some ppl only flush for a few days others will keep flushing till the plant starts to drop all the shade leaves because it has used up all the sugars in them.

My self i tend to flush for 2 weeks min 10 days yes it dose hlep making your harvest taste a lil better...

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone just wonder if any one has heard or tried the flushing of plants before harvest . I read that this improves the final crop and smoke and especially in coco coir any comments please

Hell yea, it is a must. Salt build up makes the smoke harsh. Flushing removes the excess salts. I grow in perlite and flush for a minimum 5days, maximum 10, replacing the water daily. I block off my return lines (I'm in recirc)and flood the pots so that the entire contents is soaked allowing the salts to dissolve in the water. I have, in the past used pure rainwater for the flush but have found that there is a marked decline in plant health in using rainwater. Tap water contains some salts and this seems to help maintain plant health compared to rainwater during my flush cycle. Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Hell yea, it is a must. Salt build up makes the smoke harsh. Flushing removes the excess salts. I grow in perlite and flush for a minimum 5days, maximum 10, replacing the water daily. I block off my return lines (I'm in recirc)and flood the pots so that the entire contents is soaked allowing the salts to dissolve in the water. I have, in the past used pure rainwater for the flush, thinking even less salts for flushing would be better, but have found that there is a marked decline in plant health in using straight rainwater. Tap water contains some salts and this seems to help maintain plant health compared to rainwater during my flush cycle.

DOH, what happened here? Repeat Edited by merl1n

yea i hate it when people dont flush their plants good.

you shouldnt have any dark green leaves at harvest time.

most of it should be light green, yellow or crinkled up brown.

buds eat up the stored foods in the leaves when all you feed is water.

final product is perfect and natural that way.

also a good 6 week cure after harvest and drying before smoking ensures you get the maximum flavor and effect from your efforts.

oh yea , it makes 10,000 times the difference at my house.

http://cycoflower.com/usa/cyco-kleanse/

Cyco Platinum Series Kleanse is a salt clearing agent that is formulated to solubilize most micronutrients, cationic nutrients, or metals in a growing environment.

Kleanse can be utilized during the growth and bloom period to clean the root system from accumulated mineral salts.

Kleanse also feeds the microbial life in the substrate by supplying needed carbohydrates.

Paclabutrzol is a systemic insecticide it can't be just flushed out like a tomato sauce stain on your t shirt!

Any plant treated with this is unsuitable for human consumption .

So this renders said plants totally useless for medicine.

Peace✌️

Edited by Ganggong
  • Upvote 2

Hey Chefgate,

I don't so much use a mix of perlite/clayballs, more like layers. At the bottom of my 50 ltr pot I use a 4inch layer of clayballs and the rest perlite. Both of which are well washed and rinsed before use. The dust from the perlite and balls is real harsh on pumps, when it becomes wet it goes a bit like a grinding paste. Because I'm in recirc system I do not use coco coir, I have used it once but all the fine crap that comes out of coco binds up my system, so now I simply use perlite and balls.

P.S. Upon reading my former post here I should have also said that that flush cycle is at the end of my grow. I also flush and replace my fluids on a fortnightly basis. My fortnightly flush involves biffing my resi contents, refilling with tapwater and allowing that to run thru the system constantly for an hour again biffing and repeating until my PPM readings are around 500. Then refilling a final time and adding nutes. IMO salts are the enemy of a fine smoke, your plant needs salts, but your smoke does not.