Let's get this done! Lets stand up and be counted

Ya reckon, sounds like he's gonna reverse state laws on rec canna

"...new blood in large numbers into our corrupt, brainless, low grade Political scenario..." New blood just brings new ways, the system doesn't change.

Trump has a history of looking after No.1....Who? Himself. His actions within his first month show this. What's the old saying "A leopard can't change it's spots"

" ...a population has the RIGHT to demand of its Politicians !!!" Yea right... ...since when. What have you been smoking? Give me some, 'cos it must be some GOOD gear lol

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely" more like.

I wish you hadn't written that !!! Does it not seem likely that what I am smoking/vaping or ingesting is the same as many folks on this Forum ??...possibly even yourself. Have you not just made public that my smoking habits have fried my brain so that I cannot have a rational thought about alternative Political views to yours.

How therefore have we a hope in Hell of legalising this stuff if it is so dangerous.

My point about people power stems from the changes we are seeing in the Aus Senate composition where minor players are now becoming power brokers. Hence some of these minor players will be able to force the main stream Govt to accept some unpalatable stuff as a quid pro quo to get Legislation through, despite the fact that less than 5% of the population support de-criminalisation.

I venture to suggest that if we had 4 or 5 " Legalise Cannabis" Senators in place today, the process would be a walk in the Park.

Have you not just made public that my smoking habits have fried my brain so that I cannot have a rational thought about alternative Political views to yours.

NO!!! Not at all. Other people are going to have other views and I do not have a problem with that at all. My statements are not meant to be offensive more informative.

I am merely showing Trump's initial actions have been very self serving. And yes, we may need change, but is this the change we need??? This system has been setup over decades, and this man is going to come in and fix it all??? The American political system is ruled by $$$$$, who can spend more on their campaign, get voted in, then get what they want for themselves. Trump has shown this already in the business world. He's gone bankrupt more than any other world leader and now he's running one of the world's biggest economy's. And that is scary IMO.

As for Trump and canna, which is where this post initially started, he wants to reverse state laws. That ain't progression, that's regression.

Well said Merl1n, this isn't about political views, it's about agenda's and the techniques being utilised in the pursuit of those agenda's and power.  People have thrown the "Nazi" label at Trump, but it's a gross over simplification.  Maybe he's a white supremacist, maybe not, I have no way of knowing outside of the fact that he is overtly bigoted in general.  But he has obviously been using the same play book that the Nazi's used on their march to power, and then on to total power, and that is what makes him so scary, particularly when put into the context of what is known about his past and the things he has been saying.  If anyone thinks that the sort of people who chase high political power are not aware of the techniques used by the Nazi's, and how effective they were, then they are very deluded and prime targets for those politicians to exploit.  And if anyone thinks Trump doesn't want to change his position to one with more power and into a permanent dictator style position, they are also deluded.

As for Bill and Mal, they're too busy playing politics to achieve anything significant, so the most scary thing about that is that it helps to create a vacuum which the Right Wing Extremists can exploit and fill, hence the rise of One Nation and nut jobs like Bernadi etc.

For the record, I make no secret of the fact that my political views are very much on the Left, but I'm not stupid about it and I have the same level of contempt for the far Left as I do for the far Right as they both have the same potential to turn everything to shit and have successfully stopped rational discussions with their combatative approaches.  Problem is that the right is better able to gain political traction, and are more prone to violence.

• Upvote 1

I have a theory that gmo cannibis has been chosen for this reason. GMO is thc free but in a lot of illnesses cbd needs thc to work in harmony to be effective. Therefore when this gmo option is seen as ineffective they will dismiss medical canniness this is my opinion. I would support ur cause in a heartbeat I make medicine of several different types but thc is essential I’ve seen it myself. I want full legalization as well as medical as in Canada. This is Australia stuff Trump let’s worry about our own. In Canada they created a civil movement now they have full legal not perfect but they have access. Let’s start the same here and get what we want as minority groups have always got there way in Aus it our time the cannibis patient and rec user alike are there any takers.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by ResinGrower