Alcohol is 114 times more deadly than marijuana.

common knowledge among the informed i would have thought?

Yes you would think common sense would tell everyone, though humans think they can make a drug that's better than nature and use it for all kind of evil purposes. Ignoring how many people it kills.  Then demonise pot. Anslinger and dupont are a good example.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/06/27/the-hemp-conspiracy-why-u-s-hemp-farming-was-banned/

• Upvote 1

Yes you would think common sense would tell everyone, though humans think they can make a drug that's better than nature and use it for all kind of evil purposes. Ignoring how many people it kills.  Then demonise pot. Anslinger and dupont are a good example.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/06/27/the-hemp-conspiracy-why-u-s-hemp-farming-was-banned/

The whole nature over synthetic argument isn't always rock solid. Wouldn't opt into that sort of thinking. For instance LSD is one of the most physically safe substances there is and by virtue of that is arguably safer than cannabis physically. More fun facts for you in regards to alcohol 15 Australians die everyday due to alcohol related illnesses and it's also a cause of 7 different cancers. I think we should start putting health warnings on all bottles/cans more prominently but that's just me.

• Upvote 2

The whole nature over synthetic argument isn't always rock solid. Wouldn't opt into that sort of thinking. For instance LSD is one of the most physically safe substances there is and by virtue of that is arguably safer than cannabis physically. More fun facts for you in regards to alcohol 15 Australians die everyday due to alcohol related illnesses and it's also a cause of 7 different cancers. I think we should start putting health warnings on all bottles/cans more prominently but that's just me.

I was just referring to alcohol and the legality compared to cannabis being illegal. Though now you have brought up the issue of lsd, there would have to be a very large consummation to evaluate exactly how dangerous it is. I personally know of someone that had a tab put in his drink as a joke and he never came back mentally. Though I noticed you have said physically safe. There's a lot more to it than just statistics.

http://www.lsdaddiction.us/content/does-lsd-cause-brain-damage.html

Edited by hermananian

I was just referring to alcohol and the legality compared to cannabis being illegal. Though now you have brought up the issue of lsd, there would have to be a very large consummation to evaluate exactly how dangerous it is. I personally know of someone that had a tab put in his drink as a joke and he never came back mentally. Though I noticed you have said physically safe. There's a lot more to it than just statistics.

http://www.lsdaddiction.us/content/does-lsd-cause-brain-damage.html

Your link just said in it's first paragraph it can't cause brain damage alone from the chemical. It also goes onto say it might cause brain damage because it affects the CNS. Sugar affects the CNS, caffeine affects the CNS and nicotine affects the CNS etc. etc. There are whole bunch of substances/chemicals out there that have an affect on the CNS. Seems silly to jump the gun on it and to say "Hey LSD touches the CNS so brain damage is possible". Other problems with your site as a source of info is other false info like saying LSD has a bitter taste. Yeah probably if you're eating milligrams of the stuff but info like this could do real damage (More brain damage than LSD) because someone will probably do it go this is bitter and not know it's some RC like 25i-NBOMe which could cause cardiac arrest then death.

Want good evidence look at peer reviewed journal articles on it published by reputable journals. The graph below is from an article by Prof. David Nutt titled 'Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis' if you want a look at drugs by their harm ratings.

2782ea48efb0459ec768b73c874689ce.png

BTW sorry if this sounds like me being a cunt to you. Reading back on it may give off that vibe 

ban it , conduct raids on pple who use it,  imprison addicts, ruin thier lives and their families lives, withhold it from the sick and infirmed who may need it , we could probably think of some more but that will do for now ... wont it?

Everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't cause any harm to anyone else !!

Your link just said in it's first paragraph it can't cause brain damage alone from the chemical. It also goes onto say it might cause brain damage because it affects the CNS. Sugar affects the CNS, caffeine affects the CNS and nicotine affects the CNS etc. etc. There are whole bunch of substances/chemicals out there that have an affect on the CNS. Seems silly to jump the gun on it and to say "Hey LSD touches the CNS so brain damage is possible". Other problems with your site as a source of info is other false info like saying LSD has a bitter taste. Yeah probably if you're eating milligrams of the stuff but info like this could do real damage (More brain damage than LSD) because someone will probably do it go this is bitter and not know it's some RC like 25i-NBOMe which could cause cardiac arrest then death.

Want good evidence look at peer reviewed journal articles on it published by reputable journals. The graph below is from an article by Prof. David Nutt titled 'Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis' if you want a look at drugs by their harm ratings.

2782ea48efb0459ec768b73c874689ce.png

BTW sorry if this sounds like me being a *#%@ to you. Reading back on it may give off that vibe 

Yer I get the vibe though everyone has a right to their opinion. Looks like butane could be a great drug to try according to your professor Nutts  overall harm score.

Edited by hermananian