First grow flowering advice.

Hi all,

After a couple of failed seedlings my first plant has entered the flowering phase a week or so ago, and I was hoping for some advice and guidance on the flowering stage.

Firstly my setup; I am growing outdoors and the seed was planted directly into a pot filled with Ozmocote Vegetable and Herb Mix from Bunnings. The plant was watered when needed during dry spells but this spring has been a bit of a wet one so mostly I have let the rain do the work.  I move the plant into a small tool shed I have overnight to give the 12 hour plus darkness needed.  But mostly it is a natural grow.

I want to use nutrients once a week and am planning on using stuff I make myself.  I have a rabbit and collect the poop which I soak in water for a few weeks, then I pour off and keep the liquid.  I also have a worm farm, so I mix together the worm tea and liquid from the rabbit poop.  I usually add 100ml to 9L or water and pour on the garden

So firstly is the poop and worm tea mix OK to use or should I keep them separate and add at different times?

Should I be using something different or nothing at all, during flowing?

How much and often should I add nutrients?

The plant is currently 1.1m high from the ground including pot.  Photos below.  Does the plant look OK; this is my first plant so I have no frame of reference really.

The third photo shows a close up of the flowers below the main cola, to me they look a bit flimsy, are they OK?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

post-56534-0-07344100-1446341502_thumb.jpg  post-56534-0-35730300-1446341968_thumb.jpg  post-56534-0-41591700-1446342467_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh what a shame... still, some good learning and you will now be able to recognise a male.... and yes, it is a very healthy looking.

And to your questions... you can mix the rabbit pooh with the worm castings for tea making, no problems. If you save your rabbit pooh and let it dry off it makes a good top dressing/mulch or potting mix amendment. From memory, once dry rabbit pooh has an average NPK of 1:1:1, wet the nitrogen level is considerably higher. Rabbit pooh is often overlooked as a fertiliser, but it is rich in trace elements due to the way rabbit digestion works (they need to digest the same material twice to get access a lot of the minerals, this is why you will see rabbits eating their own pooh).

Males "sneaking in" with fem seed is down to poor selection, poor feminising technique and failure to test each batch before commercial release.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 3

:twiddle:

Bad luck there Dred with the male.........

It's all a bit of a steep learning curve to begin with m8.

Fortunately you joined a forum with like minded individuals with a passion for growing your own good quality gear.

At least now you know what a male looks like......... Imagine not posting a pic here?

Anyway don't be despondent about your result and give it another crack,

there are plenty of knowledgeable  growers here that will steer you in the right direction.

Hey...At least you know your fertilizer works. lol

Get back on that pony Dred  .......... all the best