2015/16 Outdoor

Haha billy yours is bigger than mine lol  she'll be sweet as I reckon..

RSR man I like the GDP flower pic!  Zam, well it looks like it would blow  the top of my head off lol bring em home everyone!

Heya itchy re my previous post and feeding...in the homemade soil brew they are just getting lacto, bit of gogo occasionally, same, maybe some seaweed.  foliar lacto /seaweed when veg, doing my best to keep that mulch layer working the stuff underneath. 

I have been misting the mulch until it takes up the water (prolly 100ml or so) just keeping the top layers going.  2-3 L every other day but it is gonna be every day soon I think.  the flowering plants are in a Searle's premium mix with a bit of this and that but they ran out of nutes in there I think, bit of heavy rain and they drain well so i am feeding 2ml/L BAC organic bloom.  Will eventually get on to the ss teas but hey I made an envelope out of some filleted aloe when I cloned the JH and put the pulp in the water I was going to water it in with, strained it, lacto and watered her in and she went loco :good:  Is aloe a 'soil wetter' too, it makes the pots flow much more smoothly...way less hydrophobic? (is that the correct word?)

There are so many good growers in these forums..awesome plants.  great to be a part of Ozstoners CC :bongon:

Faith :sun:

Heya itchy re my previous post and feeding...in the homemade soil brew they are just getting lacto, bit of gogo occasionally, same, maybe some seaweed.  foliar lacto /seaweed when veg, doing my best to keep that mulch layer working the stuff underneath. 

I have been misting the mulch until it takes up the water (prolly 100ml or so) just keeping the top layers going.  2-3 L every other day but it is gonna be every day soon I think.  the flowering plants are in a Searle's premium mix with a bit of this and that but they ran out of nutes in there I think, bit of heavy rain and they drain well so i am feeding 2ml/L BAC organic bloom.  Will eventually get on to the ss teas but hey I made an envelope out of some filleted aloe when I cloned the JH and put the pulp in the water I was going to water it in with, strained it, lacto and watered her in and she went loco :good:  Is aloe a 'soil wetter' too, it makes the pots flow much more smoothly...way less hydrophobic? (is that the correct word?)

There are so many good growers in these forums..awesome plants.  great to be a part of Ozstoners CC :bongon:

Faith :sun:

HiYa Faith 

Yeah aloe works like that but won't protect you if you underwater like i did , My first go in geopots outdoors has been a learning curve

also using only canna terra which is peat based & can go hydrophobic very quickly outdoor , would have been good if i had followed

you & misted the mulch more often , need to keep the soil moist at all times to keep the life in the pot , F'd up allot with a green crack in a 10gal

geo , rookie mistakes , Dem Da Brakes , had i used a home made soil which would have been a third of the mix compost /castings 

i would have done a little better but had no compost or castings to use so canna it was 

I can def say those bottles , not all bottles , are not required however if your soils run out of puff than i can understand the choice but next time

look at top dressing , Lucerne , Comfrey , nettles ect all can be grown by you but can also be brought at any good health food shop , even the bad one's lol

Tell me Faith , when you lift your mulch layer , do you see movement ? once you start top dressing the top layer of soil go's crazy with life 

this is how plants prefer to be fed , plus from a growers point of view it's much more forgiving , If you were mixing a BAC feed & messed up & doubled the dose 

your plant would be in a bit of strife , top dressing saves you from that , not saying you couldn't cause a prob with top dressing , like to much poo , but if only looking

at top dressing plant material or the coolest of poo's castings very hard to mess up , i think the results speak for themselves 

apart from top dressing a bunch of stuff , liquid wise they mostly get , Aloe , Coconut , Fulvic , Potassium Silicate & Em-1

here's some pic not to say look how good i am just to show you don't need those kinda bottles if you choose 

GG Allin

post-50689-0-04441900-1458011487_thumb.jpg

post-50689-0-30573000-1458011517_thumb.jpg

post-50689-0-33469100-1458011457_thumb.jpg

Green Crack

post-50689-0-08992800-1458011420_thumb.jpg

sorry if ya neck is a little stiff after trying to look at the pic's 

• Upvote 4