Tips needed on first auto flower grow

Never grown an auto but my understanding is you do not want to set her back in any way

you only have so many days to grow her B4 done so all you want her to do is grow & don't stop

any set back small or otherwise will reduce yield , tipping / trimming would be a set back ,

prob LST would be a set back as well but as said never grown one 

Wanna hit the nail on the head.  And they love LST so long as you don't get too savage and damage them, use LST to get light to the bud sites rather than leaf thinning, and avoid stress at all costs, particularly in the first 4-5 weeks.

4 plants under 400w HPS in a 1 square metre room/tent should be okay, choice of medium is important though.  Coco mixed with 30-50% perlite is good, more traditional hydroponic methods are better, and it would appear that Deep Water Culture (DWC) is best if you know what you are doing and can control nutrient temps.  Hand watered run to waste coco is the simplest method for learner growers though, just make sure you use coco specific nutrients, and flush regularly.

If too much of that makes no sense to you, then you would be well advised to do some research before your next grow, the results will make it worthwhile.  Posting a grow journal will also help you with advice and encouragement so long as you don't try to claim that auto's are better than photoperiod plants (or that LED's are better than HPS).  Best of luck

I am a complete novice to auto's and grew 5 this season, Never Grown them before, What these guys said is bang on, light fluffy medium is really important and good fast start, you want maximum veg growth before flowering sets off. They are hungry little buggers who don't like fluctuations in temp or sunlight/light hours. I could go on and on but I sense you got the basics. If not, then I am happy to share my blunders with you :) Topping them being the first of many

Any advice given would be much appreciated. Max how much of a yeild did you get from your 5? Im using the THC bomb strain from bonza. I am only going to be hand watering them. Im using CANNA nutes, im not 100% sure on feeding them so iv just been giving them plain water then every two days or so feeding them nutes. I havent done any ph testing yet, i bought a testing kit the other day and going to buy some ph up/down this weekend. At the moment their in small maybe 2 litre sized pots, im going to move them to bigger ones this weekend as well. The medium is just plain coco (from bunnings) i read that the bunnings stuff is no good so i was planning on getting some coco and perlite from the hydro store when i move them into the bigger pots. Oh and im running them on a 18/6 light regime.

Any advice given would be much appreciated. Max how much of a yeild did you get from your 5? Im using the THC bomb strain from bonza. I am only going to be hand watering them. Im using CANNA nutes, im not 100% sure on feeding them so iv just been giving them plain water then every two days or so feeding them nutes. I havent done any ph testing yet, i bought a testing kit the other day and going to buy some ph up/down this weekend. At the moment their in small maybe 2 litre sized pots, im going to move them to bigger ones this weekend as well. The medium is just plain coco (from bunnings) i read that the bunnings stuff is no good so i was planning on getting some coco and perlite from the hydro store when i move them into the bigger pots. Oh and im running them on a 18/6 light regime.

I don't grow under lights so my experience is from outdoors but I guess some of the basic stuff will be the same. They do not like to be touched once they are in the growing medium, I understand your comment about Bunning coco as I have read the same thing. Are yours showing issues from the coco? If you don't have to transplant them then I wouldn't if however you think that you will get serious issues from the soil then you may as well do it anyway. As far as PH goes I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage, if you get your medium right then ph should be fine.

First grow was two diesels without looking back through my diary I am going to say it was 18 grams off one and the other I am still waiting on the weight but it also took a little longer than the first, 1 skunk seed sunk the other produced 22 grm, Both AK47's I think were about 22 grams...my only consolation as far as yields go is that the Diesel I mentioned before I was waiting on the weight for did not fire as an Auto and is still going approaching 190 days.

From the reading I have done and the advice I was given.....correct soil is going to make the difference, you are able to control you light source and environmental conditions...I could not do much to influence my environment and being able to control this is going to make a huge difference to the results of your grow. Good Luck